Evil in the World

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Evil in the World

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Who knows what was going through his head but it was pre meditated as he was in his room for 3 days. What civilised society feels the need to carry a gun ? One intresting stat I read this morning is approximately 45% of Swiss own a firearm. Almost there same percentage apply to Finland and Cyprus. Also 64% of homicides in the USA are gun related. Something has to be done but sadly nothing will change.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

To be fair, parts of Switzerland and Finland are pretty dangerous and remote, with wild animals to contend with - and the same in the US, of course - so I can understand in part the desire for the right to bear arms same as I can in Africa (not just because of the threat from animals, mind) but Cyprus ??

The first step will always be to change the constitution, but for that one state needs to be brave enough to change their own local laws to make firearms harder to own with legal registration of users and an outright ban on semi- and fully automatic weaponry.
Colorado legalised cannabis, Massachusetts the first for gay marriage.
One of the fifty needs to do this.

It won't be Nevada as their laws are too far the other way, but maybe one of the smaller, more peaceful states could take a stance, like Vermont or New Hampshire ? They have the lowest murder rates. Although, again Vermont in the winter is pretty bleak so I could still see resistance.

It's a cultural change that's needed.
It might have been pushed through under Obama but while Trump's in the White House I can't see it happening anyway ..
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I can't see it ever changing tbh. Why should this incident be any different to the rest? I mean he was a sic, demented man right! He's exactly the reason that most Americans believe they should carry a gun. To protect themselves! :crazy:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

I think it used to be the case that all Swiss men had to own and be able to use a gun due to the lack of a standing army. Whether that's still the case or not I don't know. And in a way, that's what the US's 2nd amendment is about. Many proponents of the right to bear arms, I guess, see themselves as modern day Minutemen ready to rise up against an oppressive government at a moment's notice. The ironic difference between 1776 and now, of course, is that they have the biggest military force in the world marching in their name as opposed to King George's few thousand Redcoats marching against them.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Car driven into pedestrians near Natural History Museum.

Not said terrorist related yet but got to think the worst at this stage given recent history, let's hope not.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

A massive bomb attack in a busy area of the Somali capital Mogadishu on Saturday is now known to have killed at least 230 people, police say.
Hundreds more were wounded when a lorry packed with explosives detonated near the entrance of a hotel.
It is the deadliest terror attack in Somalia since the Islamist al-Shabab group launched its insurgency in 2007.
It is not clear who staged the bombing, but Mogadishu is a target for al-Shabab militants battling the government
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

NottinghamWhite wrote:A massive bomb attack in a busy area of the Somali capital Mogadishu on Saturday is now known to have killed at least 230 people, police say.
Hundreds more were wounded when a lorry packed with explosives detonated near the entrance of a hotel.
It is the deadliest terror attack in Somalia since the Islamist al-Shabab group launched its insurgency in 2007.
It is not clear who staged the bombing, but Mogadishu is a target for al-Shabab militants battling the government
I believe the death toll has now risen to 300 people including children. Sad.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

It's low intelligence isn't it. I hope the electric chair is still available in NYC. It plays right into President Trumps narrative. The wall is on its way.
Deleted User 3289

There is some seriously evil people in the world. I hope they are bought to justice.

https://news.sky.com/story/murder-arres ... e-11169183