Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Anyone else into GoT ??

It's got to the stage where it feels like the qualifying rounds are over and now the big boys and girls are set to clash in the knockout stages.

I'm chuffing loving this last season - only two shows into it but it has the hallmarks of being a landmark series, right up there with The Sopranos, The Wire, Blake's 7 and UFO.

And yes, I'm serious about the last two :)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Anyone else into GoT ??

It's got to the stage where it feels like the qualifying rounds are over and now the big boys and girls are set to clash in the knockout stages.

I'm chuffing loving this last season - only two shows into it but it has the hallmarks of being a landmark series, right up there with The Sopranos, The Wire, Blake's 7 and UFO.

And yes, I'm serious about the last two :)
Absolutely love GoT some many interweavings , can't really single out any bad performances, also helps that its main base is in NI
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Just finished watching on the BBC - I shot my parents

Crikey, every parents ultimate nightmare. I real insight into how the family deals with what happened on that frightful day.

How can you do something so heinous, and not understand why? I find that almost impossible to comprehend!
Deleted User 3289

BBC Storyville: Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father.

What a powerful Documentary. How to have your heart ripped from your chest, thrown on the floor, stamped on, and then as fate would have it, your gifted another soul to ease your pain.

Mr + Mrs Bagby you truly are a mountain of strength.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Watching BBC 1 at the minute "Without Limits" 6 people with various disabilities travelling through Vietnam, eye opening makes you realise how lucky most of us are..
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Started to watch Ed Stafford Left for Dead but in half an hour he's ate 2 viable bird eggs and clubbed a snake to death for food. Now I do like survival programmes but am starting to resent the need to kill "to survive" in a false situation.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Very interesting programme just finished on Discovery History about one of the few people I would say really really interested me and who I admired, Winston Churchill.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Most excellent programme on ITV 2100 on Monday 'Liar' - highly plausible, gripping storyline, great acting...
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

mapperleywhite wrote:Most excellent programme on ITV 2100 on Monday 'Liar' - highly plausible, gripping storyline, great acting...
I'm believing the fella at the moment, no doubt that will change though over the coming weeks.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289