What's happened to Pontus

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

What's happened to Pontus

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Last few games I've watched via streams admittedly but what's going on. He's no where near the cult hero he was. Was he a one season wonder ?

Discuss.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Re: What's happened to Pontus

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I thought he did ok tonight NW imo. He does look like he his not enjoying his football at the minute for whatever reason tho.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Admittedly Pontus grabbed most of the headlines last season, but Bartley was a massive factor in that partnership for me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I don't think he's fully fit and we rushed him back too soon. Don't think he was bad today though.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

He wasn't terrible but Shaughnessy looked the better of the two. Slimani gave him a very hard time and generally won the aerial battle, which makes me wonder if Pontus could cope with premier league standard.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not sure what happens to centre halfs after we sign them but Pontus isn't the first to look top class while on loan only to fade after putting pen to paper.
Lubo, Bamba, etc.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Looks like hes carrying a knock to me , even admits himself hes played s*** lately ..
kennyb41
YELLOW CARDED

Post by kennyb41 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Admittedly Pontus grabbed most of the headlines last season, but Bartley was a massive factor in that partnership for me.
This.

They complemented each other,a centre half partnership is exactly that,don't underestimate the influence Bartley had on that duo,some partnerships like theirs instinctively work together,covering etc.I don't think either is individually good enough for Prem,but together they are,and bring the best out in each other.

Rob Green and Bartley are our greatest losses so far this season,you could include Taylor in that as well,i would love to see them both back,but Taylor is gone.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

He has just been handed a new 5 year contract!
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

whiteinfrance wrote:He has just been handed a new 5 year contract!
Another great move by the club. He's our best defender by far imo, he's having a few bad days at the office at the moment due to inconsistency, but I suppose you could say that's why he's not playing at a higher level. He's definitely missing the calming influence, quality and experience of a defender at Bartley's level at the side of him. When we manage to get hold of a that type of player we will see the best of him again.