Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Ex-Player Watch

Post by 90 miles a hour »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Jermaine Beckford scored for Bury against Bradford City at the weekend & gave the City fans the Leeds salute. They weren't a happy group at all. :D

Youre Leeds and you know you are :D :D
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Leeds Hero
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

That's it Jermaine, stick it to the Bradford fans :lol: :clap:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Am deffo no fan of Port Vale, but well done to Neil Aspin who has returned as their Manager and won his 1st 3 games in charge. :clap:
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

PockWhite wrote:Am deffo no fan of Port Vale, but well done to Neil Aspin who has returned as their Manager and won his 1st 3 games in charge. :clap:
No Tyler Denton today though :(
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Lewis Cook played 77 mins today. Taylor and Byram still yet to get on the pitch in the league this season.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Ross McCormack has scored his first ever A League goal in the game between Melbourne City and Wellington Phoenix, it came via a long range free kick and won them the game 1-0. Ross was having a poor game until the goal.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Mr Russell wrote:Ross McCormack has scored his first ever A League goal in the game between Melbourne City and Wellington Phoenix, it came via a long range free kick and won them the game 1-0. Ross was having a poor game until the goal.
To add to Ross scoring, Andy Keogh netted his first goal of the season for Perth Glory (Australian A League) in their win over the Central Coast Mariners at the weekend in a 2-1 home win, Shane Lowry also made his first appearance for Perth as well and it was his pass that sent Adam Taggart away to net the winner for the home team. To keep the Leeds connection going Paul Okon is the head coach of the Mariners and now have only picked up one point from their 3 game so far this season
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Great to read this piece this morning :

Clarke Carlisle: Stranger in the park saved my life during mental health battle
The 38-year-old disappeared from home last month and sparked a missing persons appeal before he was found safe and well in Liverpool

Former footballer Clarke Carlisle has revealed that a stranger persuaded him to speak to his family rather than take his own life.

The 38-year-old disappeared from home last month and sparked a missing persons appeal before he was found safe and well in Liverpool.

The ex-chairman of the Professional Footballers' Association has campaigned to raise awareness of mental health issues and launched the Clarke Carlisle Foundation for Dual Diagnosis - a condition that has been described as "mental health problems co-occurring with drug or alcohol abuse".

The former Burnley defender described his recent turmoil to presenter Adrian Chiles on his BBC 5 live Daily show.

He said he had been "strolling around" Liverpool and was "headstrong set on the most convenient way to kill myself" when a passing stranger intervened.

Carlisle said: "I didn't know what was going on. I didn't have my phone with me; obviously I was lurking in the shadows, looking for, you know, this place and that place, trying to mind my own business.

"This car pulled up while I was sat in a park and a guy came over and said 'Oh, I thought it was you. You know your family is looking for you?' and I guessed as much but I didn't know the extent of how far it had gone.

"This guy, you know, sadly for him, his friend had killed himself a few days earlier and he said 'I thought this was you and I could not go by not checking' because he'd heard the state that I was in and he just wanted to help.

"And, you know, I didn't want his help, I didn't want his help sat in the park, but this guy came and sat next to me and he hugged me and he cried on my shoulder, just urging me to get in touch with my family."

The man called Carlisle's pregnant wife, Carrie, and put Carlisle on the phone.

Mrs Carlisle told Chiles: "I heard his voice and it was like, literally like, the best moment of my life because I thought I'd never hear from him again, and this wonderful gentleman stayed with him."

She added: "It's horrifying to realise that you've been engaging not with your husband but with an illness that manipulates the individual to the point where they feel they're a burden.

"We're surrounded by love all the time but what I didn't know is that he couldn't feel that love. It was like he was living in a glass box.

"I judged a crisis by my own standards. What I thought was minor was literally the end of the world for Clarke and if I could go back I would stop using my own mental framework as a reference."

Father-of-three Carlisle spent three weeks in hospital and is now recovering at home.

In December 2014 he tried to take his own life when he jumped into the path of a 12-ton lorry on the A64 near York.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Cant see a positive way out for the lad i'm sorry to say. If you haven't rooted the problem out by now and i'm sure he will have had plenty of help, then I can't see where he's going to find peace from. It must be horrible the feeling of worthlessness, and with that feeling be prepared to literally throw yourself under the bus.