Guilty pleasures

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Guilty pleasures

Post by NottinghamWhite »

What's yours ? Currently mine are M & S mini Victoria sponge cakes. I love them also I'm partial to a Caramac or a packet of Maltesers :D

Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Guilty pleasures

Post by Davycc »

Home made cheese cake because I can put as much of the things I like in it .... so easy but so good. Am eating far too much of it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hmmm ... as a type 2 diabetic, alcohol. End of.

I don't really eat much sweet stuff at all these days - only as a very rare treat.
Funnily enough, I had half a double Mars Bar at the Leicester game the other day as my mate had one in his pocket for half-time.

I hadn't tasted that particular combination of chocolate, caramel and fudgy goo for about six years :o

... and you know what ?
It was SO overwhelmingly rich I nearly regretted it. Nearly ;)

Honestly, I don't miss things like that.
I would miss a pint though and yet I know one day I'll probably have to stop that too.

For me, guilty pleasures usually mean music but it's also a bit of anathema in that there's no such thing as bad music, just people's tastes. I think it's because of that pre-hipster club night in London of the same name and then the subsequent compilation albums. Fercrisakes, ELO were on one of them - that's when I snapped and said "Sod this !" about it all. If you like something why should you feel guilty about it ??
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Suddenly got a taste for KitKat's. Keep them in the freezer and they taste even better frozen.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

johnh wrote:Suddenly got a taste for KitKat's. Keep them in the freezer and they taste even better frozen.

It was the best-selling chocolate bar in the UK for years, you know ?

I really like the fat ones ... and I always think of them as the thumbs to the more usual fingers :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Caramel shortcake at Costa or cafe Nero, cost a fortune but are lovely.
Mrs SW has pressured me into avoiding :crazy:

Have a serious sweet tooth have to push my will power to the limit sometimes.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Not a big chocolate fan so can't be that, i guess beer and crisps (mainly BBQ hula hoops, love them) which is good as they go together so well :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Butterscotch Angel Delight. Made with full fat milk and topped with broken Cadburys chocolate fingers and crushed almonds, hazelnuts, pecans and walnuts. The packet always says serves 4. Yeah right.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

rigger wrote:
johnh wrote:Suddenly got a taste for KitKat's. Keep them in the freezer and they taste even better frozen.

It was the best-selling chocolate bar in the UK for years, you know ?

I really like the fat ones ... and I always think of them as the thumbs to the more usual fingers :lol:
I love the chunky Kit Kats and usually have a couple a night when I'm at work, although last week I had the white chocolate version because that's what was on special offer at our local Tesco's. Haven't had white chocolate for years and have to say it brought back some childhood memories with Milkybar chocolate.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Deleted User 728

cheffy007 wrote:Butterscotch Angel Delight. Made with full fat milk and topped with broken Cadburys chocolate fingers and crushed almonds, hazelnuts, pecans and walnuts. The packet always says serves 4. Yeah right.
Totally agree about this, but try the Lidl version - it's much cheaper :shh: :D