The Leeds United image thread

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The Leeds United image thread

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Image
Behind the fence, is that where the cricket pitch used to be? If it is then it changed to a football pitch as I played there in the Sunday League for Leeds United Supporters Club. We used to get changed in the Fullerton Park changing rooms at the back of the main ER stand and walk down to the pitch. Nice big hot bath in the changing rooms after the game, then I would walk up Lowfields Road to Geldered Road and get the bus home in Farnley.
I once played against Don Revie.
sawadee3
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by sawadee3 »

Before my time but if i had to guess i'd say 1960-64. The vividness of the picture drew me in for about 10 mins though.
Wonder how life panned out for the two people we can see on the right of the image?
My guess is that the woman eventually met a decent, hardworking & upstanding man of Leeds and lived happily ever after.
As for the man, odds on that despite his valiant efforts to disguise his mancunian accent Leeds lasses know a "wrong un" when they see one therefore he sadly lived out his days alone & bitter.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

sawadee3 wrote:Before my time but if i had to guess i'd say 1960-64. The vividness of the picture drew me in for about 10 mins though.
Wonder how life panned out for the two people we can see on the right of the image?
My guess is that the woman eventually met a decent, hardworking & upstanding man of Leeds and lived happily ever after.
As for the man, odds on that despite his valiant efforts to disguise his mancunian accent Leeds lasses know a "wrong un" when they see one therefore he sadly lived out his days alone & bitter.
.. er .. I thought they were father and daughter :problem:

Oh, and I'd say late 50s looking at what he's wearing and the blue car with the white-walled tyres in the background.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

rigger wrote:
sawadee3 wrote:Before my time but if i had to guess i'd say 1960-64. The vividness of the picture drew me in for about 10 mins though.

Oh, and I'd say late 50s looking at what he's wearing and the blue car with the white-walled tyres in the background.
Leeds tramway closed in 1959...
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Was just going to post 'when did the trams finish?' Thanks, mapperleywhite. Also, were the old red trams still running at the end? This could be mid-1950's.

PS The guy is a gent. He is stood there so that the lass doesn't walk under the ladder.
I once played against Don Revie.
sawadee3

Post by sawadee3 »

rigger wrote:

FATHER & DAUGHTER ... if that's the case then that's wrong on every level!

Although on closer inspection, & in particular paying attention to the guy's "gait" coupled with his 'man-bag' i'd hazzard a guess that the risk he posed to anyone's Daughter was at best negligable!

Dammit - I initially dated it '57-59' but then went back and edited my post to 1960-64.
sawadee3

Post by sawadee3 »

Trying to upload an image to this topic but i can't seem to work out how to do it.
Grateful if someone could explain.
Deleted User 728

sawadee3 wrote: Although on closer inspection, & in particular paying attention to the guy's "gait" coupled with his 'man-bag' i'd hazzard a guess that the risk he posed to anyone's Daughter was at best negligable!
I know you're only trying to be funny but you're not.
There's nothing amusing about someone being gay or insinuating someone is.

For one, it's a static image and there's no way you can tell anything about whether he's strutting, strolling, sashaying or mincing down that street.
Secondly, what he's carrying could be a paint-pot, his own lunchbox or his daughter's schoolbag - it's impossible to tell and is irrelevant anyway.

Remember, this is a family forum and I for one don't appreciate members trying to get cheap laughs about whether someone's a "fairy" or not so please grow up and stop doing it :evil:
Deleted User 728

sawadee3 wrote:Trying to upload an image to this topic but i can't seem to work out how to do it.
Grateful if someone could explain.
There's a sticky in the Introduction, Guidelines & Announcements section where you'll also find a guide to the etiquette of this site.
sawadee3

Post by sawadee3 »

Content removed - Rigger