Dispatches: Trouble on the Trains

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Dispatches: Trouble on the Trains

Post by Sniffer »

It doesn't look good and the first bit shows Leeds fans.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Dispatches: Trouble on the Trains

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Given they had a years CCTV to go through they struggled to get half an hours programme out it. Sadly it happens & has done for years, I'm not condoning it just saying. The last club I expected to be shown was Fulham.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Just watched this. You could probably follow any football club in the country and find some sort of disorder. We have one of the best followings in the country I suppose it made sense to dispatches to follow us around. I wouldn't be surprised to hear they provided the beer... (Well)

A gang of working class testosterone fueled lads letting off some steam tanked on beer. Am I missing something... what do they expect, Angels?

I think they are pissing in the wind if they think this type of behaviour is going to stop. The whole point of football is to defeat the enemy. Its the closest thing we have left to tribal warfare. Interestingly there was no violence, so maybe in another 40 years the'll be no chanting.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Just watched this. You could probably follow any football club in the country and find some sort of disorder. We have one of the best followings in the country I suppose it made sense to dispatches to follow us around. I wouldn't be surprised to hear they provided the beer... (Well)

A gang of working class testosterone fueled lads letting off some steam tanked on beer. Am I missing something... what do they expect, Angels?

I think they are pissing in the wind if they think this type of behaviour is going to stop. The whole point of football is to defeat the enemy. Its the closest thing we have left to tribal warfare. Interestingly there was no violence, so maybe in another 40 years the'll be no chanting.
Hold on a second, I'm working class, I'm a Leeds fan and I like beer more than I should do, and you will never find me singing racist, offensive songs on a train or trying to bully a girl/young lady who looks to be of another nationality to me. The programme is an embarrassment but so is some of the defence of those filmed being scummy towards normal rail travellers.
Deleted User 3289

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Just watched this. You could probably follow any football club in the country and find some sort of disorder. We have one of the best followings in the country I suppose it made sense to dispatches to follow us around. I wouldn't be surprised to hear they provided the beer... (Well)

Hold on a second, I'm working class, I'm a Leeds fan and I like beer more than I should do, and you will never find me singing racist, offensive songs on a train or trying to bully a girl/young lady who looks to be of another nationality to me. The programme is an embarrassment but so is some of the defence of those filmed being scummy towards normal rail travellers.
I should think not at your age ANS. ;)

I guess some people fall in with the wrong crowd. I have heard a lot worse being sang in football grounds, you could say that its an overspill onto the trains. A pack mentality leads to these sort of incidents, throw booze in there, and all morality goes out of the window. (its that come and have a go if your hard enough mentality)

I guess there are angels out there after all ANS. I'm just more used to fighting my demons. :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:

I should think not at your age ANS. ;)

I guess some people fall in with the wrong crowd. I have heard a lot worse being sang in football grounds, you could say that its an overspill onto the trains. A pack mentality leads to these sort of incidents, throw booze in there, and all morality goes out of the window. (its that come and have a go if your hard enough mentality)

I guess there are angels out there after all ANS. I'm just more used to fighting my demons. :D
Fight your demons, VHTM. I'm struggling with mine but it's what makes you a better man. :) :thumbup:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

So VHTM is trying to tell me that I'm reasonably well-behaved when on public transport, drunk and travelling to or from a Leeds game because of my age :P No mate, it's because I'm not a scummy racist bully. I'm not perfect and haven't always acted as well I should have in life but it isn't age which makes me a better person than that sort of nonsense :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Just downloaded the programme and watched it.

The usual idiotic cowardly gang behaviour seen every weekend I’m afraid, put those guys in that carriage on their own and they wouldn’t mutter a word. I was at that Watford game (assuming it was the FA Cup encounter), glad I drove in the end.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Another Northern Soul wrote:So VHTM is trying to tell me that I'm reasonably well-behaved when on public transport, drunk and travelling to or from a Leeds game because of my age :P No mate, it's because I'm not a scummy racist bully. I'm not perfect and haven't always acted as well I should have in life but it isn't age which makes me a better person than that sort of nonsense :D
As I say mate. Some people fall in with the wrong crowd. I wish I could claim to have a your restraint when I was younger, but I would be lying! Like most people I know, I have mellowed with age tho . There are scummy racist bully's in all ethnic groups mate. I suppose it cuts deep for a lot of people when certain terrorist groups are blowing up children. And for some reason football seems to be a place where people make there feelings known.
Deleted User 3289

Fight your demons, VHTM. I'm struggling with mine but it's what makes you a better man.
All I know Sniff is that i'm somewhere between good and evil. Although I find the closer the center suits me best. :D