Who is the better keeper

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Better keeper

Wiedwald
43%
Lonergran
57%

Total votes: 28

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Who is the better keeper

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Let TALK talk :)
Winner of the Europa League
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Who is the better keeper

Post by PockWhite »

Neither inspire me with a great deal of confidence tbh, but in a straight poll like this AL edges it for me.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I would've stuck with Wiedwald.

... but then I thought Silvestri had the makings of a good keeper too.

There's a reason why Lonergan has never established himself as a number one.

By the way, I'm not sure who the hermitic old lady is that you're referring to in the pole, mate :D
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

For the first few games we didn’t have a clue about how good or bad FW was as our defence ( or attack ) meant the other side rarely got near our goal but he then started to show that bit of indecision in coming out for balls he should have been collecting. This coincided with our total transformation from confident and dangerous team to complete nervous shambles of a side which has carried on even though we changed to Lonners, but would just have AL shading it ( no more Brentford performances though ).
saintjimmy

Post by saintjimmy »

Just to add , I wasn’t saying our drop in form was all down to Felix more that it magnified his every failing that bit more .
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I've gone for Longergan :thumbup:
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:I would've stuck with Wiedwald.

... but then I thought Silvestri had the makings of a good keeper too.

There's a reason why Lonergan has never established himself as a number one.

By the way, I'm not sure who the hermitic old lady is that you're referring to in the pole, mate :D
I'm with you on this Rigger. Nothing against Lonergan, but he's not a first choice keeper for me. Although it's not ideal for a keeper, I can't help but think that Wiedwald's confidence was the driver of a lot of his errors (like many in the team), and if TC could find a way to take off the pressure he'd turn into a decent player.

Glad to hear nobody on here has uttered the phrase "he's a good shot-stopper" yet. Drives me up the wall. It's the bare minimum you should expect from the guy between the sticks. :eh:
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Should've kept Green and allowed some continuity in defence.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I'm plumping for FW. He's younger, so less experienced. AL 2 recent mistakes were tough to take. Every keeper can make mistakes, but there maybe a reason he has never really commanded a top club job. (Pressure?)

And our patterns of play since AL have been in the net have resulted in him kicking long a lot more, so he has less to think about. I think one of the problems with FW was that TC wanted most of our attacks to start with him and this may have contributed to some of his indecision? (just a observation opinion)

In truth though FW is no better than Silvestre, and AR is not has good as Green. We need a solid replacement.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

On a slightly separate note, BPF has returned to the club from York City following their singing of Adam Bartlett.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.