The Leeds United image thread

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The Leeds United image thread

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Image

Bottom of the pic is the Kop / Gelderd End and opposite is the Scratching Shed now called the South Stand, on Elland Road. At the end of the Lowfields Road terrace across Elland Road is the New Peacock pub.

AFAIK :lol:
At the junction of Lowfields Road and Elland Road you can just make out the fence that was the boundary of the cricket pitch - turned football pitch. Going down Elland Road towards city centre, the pub was about 150 yards on the left.
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Thanks John and 90, I'm mixing myself up now. The colour photo then John, that's the New Peacock on Elland Road, yes? I think there is even more confusion, at least there is in my mind,of a pub on Lowfields Road near maybe where the Pavilion is now situated.

In the b&w photo above, what is the pub standing directly opposite the end of the Lowfields terrace? The Old Peacock, the pub that exists now on ER, is not in the photos here, I know that much :lol:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Another Northern Soul wrote:Thanks John and 90, I'm mixing myself up now. The colour photo then John, that's the New Peacock on Elland Road, yes? I think there is even more confusion, at least there is in my mind,of a pub on Lowfields Road near maybe where the Pavilion is now situated.

In the b&w photo above, what is the pub standing directly opposite the end of the Lowfields terrace? The Old Peacock, the pub that exists now on ER, is not in the photos here, I know that much :lol:
Right, got there at last :P It IS a pub in the b&w photo and is the original Old Peacock. Demolished many years ago I think, the pub NOW known as the Old Peacock was built a v short distance to the right (on the photo) in the early 60s I think.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Yes, ANS. From memory, the 'new' Old Peacock was almost opposite the entrance to the main stand.

PS Don't ever remember a pub on Lowfields Road. 99% certain there wasn't one. I used to walk down Lowfields Road from Geldered Road for home games, if there had been a pub there I would have remembered it.
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

johnh wrote:Yes, ANS. From memory, the 'new' Old Peacock was almost opposite the entrance to the main stand.

PS Don't ever remember a pub on Lowfields Road. 99% certain there wasn't one. I used to walk down Lowfields Road from Geldered Road for home games, if there had been a pub there I would have remembered it.
Thanks John, I trust your memory :D
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Luciano Becchio - Gone but not forgotten.

90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by 90 miles a hour »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
johnh wrote:Yes, ANS. From memory, the 'new' Old Peacock was almost opposite the entrance to the main stand.

Thanks ANS/JOHN mystery solved :clap: :clap:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

90 miles a hour wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:

Thanks ANS/JOHN mystery solved :clap: :clap:
Too many bloody peacocks :lol:
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by 90 miles a hour »

file:/
//storage/emulated/0/Download/v779zs%20(1).jpg
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Have this signed by the promotion winning team of 2009-10 cost me a £100 at a Nottingham Whites dinner when the club did on the road nights. Reckon it's gone up in value ? There was only ever 3 done.

Winner of the Europa League