Going to the toilet during lessons

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Going to the toilet during lessons

Post by 90 miles a hour »

We should have sent sawdee 3 back to school to be retrained :crazy: with a video camera so we could all watch him
We would have been p**sing Our Selves :D :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Sniffer wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:What has this got to do with a Leeds United forum, Miss White? Are you a Leeds fan?
To be fair, ANS, what are all of these topics to do with a Leeds United forum:
Christmas gift shout out
The funny corner
The blabla of the forum
The dentist
Worth watching on telly
the old topic- searching
Feed the birds
Bizarre but brilliant ..
Travel
The Rugby League thread
Grumpy old man
Quiet
Guilty pleasures
The departed
Catalan Uprising
Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

I admit it's a bizarre choice of subject matter for a first post but if it was from one of our regular poster's who also happen to teach (like Frankie, for instance) we wouldn't have batted an eyelid.
And I can almost guarantee that every one of those threads was not the first, introductory thread created by a new member with their first post.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:What has this got to do with a Leeds United forum, Miss White? Are you a Leeds fan?
To be fair, ANS, what are all of these topics to do with a Leeds United forum:
Christmas gift shout out
The funny corner
The blabla of the forum
The dentist
Worth watching on telly
the old topic- searching
Feed the birds
Bizarre but brilliant ..
Travel
The Rugby League thread
Grumpy old man
Quiet
Guilty pleasures
The departed
Catalan Uprising
Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

I admit it's a bizarre choice of subject matter for a first post but if it was from one of our regular poster's who also happen to teach (like Frankie, for instance) we wouldn't have batted an eyelid.
And I can almost guarantee that every one of those threads was not the first, introductory thread created by a new member with their first post.
Having just looked I'm almost certain they weren't. Mind you, I only started my first thread a few days ago after being on here for nearly 5 years. It's a good job not everyone's as slow as me or there would be nothing to read and get worked up about. :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sniffer wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:... there would be nothing to read and get worked up about

Making up for it now, I see :lol:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Definitely going down the toilet is this place if people complaining about a thread about Going to the Toilet from a 'new poster' get more criticism than the odd perpetrator 'herself' :P
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
MissWhite wrote:I teach year 2 and never let children go to the toilet during lesson time.
Would this bother you if it was your child?
Wind up? :lol: Strangest thread since I have been a member.

Whilst we are on the subject of toilet behavior. I bet the kids don't have to suffer using that bloody awful tracing-paper loo roll us adults of a certain age will remember. I mean, what the hell did it absorb! Cruel. :D
I remember, awful stuff. For those too young to remember open a packet of cornflakes take the inner package out (dispose of the cornflakes) and try cleaning your arse with the plastic bag....
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Davycc wrote:
MissWhite wrote:I teach year 2 and never let children go to the toilet during lesson time.

Whilst we are on the subject of toilet behavior. I bet the kids don't have to suffer using that bloody awful tracing-paper loo roll us adults of a certain age will remember. I mean, what the hell did it absorb! Cruel. :D
I remember, awful stuff. For those too young to remember open a packet of cornflakes take the inner package out (dispose of the cornflakes) and try cleaning your arse with the plastic bag....
:lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Couldn't have put it better Davy. :D

They don't know they are born with the scented quilted stuff available these days. :P
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:

Reminds me of the stuff British rail used back in the day :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

I tend to use my teacher sixth sense in these matters. Some kids you just know are genuine; some are just clearly trying it on. 'Work avoidance', we call it. You have to be careful though - parents will come in to school and confront/accuse teachers over absolutely anything these days. It often feels like they are just itching to pick fault and cause a fuss. The days when a teacher or school could rely on parental support in their decisions are largely a thing of the past, and minor things now can actually damage careers.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Costy wrote:I tend to use my teacher sixth sense in these matters. Some kids you just know are genuine; some are just clearly trying it on. 'Work avoidance', we call it. You have to be careful though - parents will come in to school and confront/accuse teachers over absolutely anything these days. It often feels like they are just itching to pick fault and cause a fuss. The days when a teacher or school could rely on parental support in their decisions are largely a thing of the past, and minor things now can actually damage careers.
Some of the things teachers did at school when I was at as a teenager would possibly result in them losing their jobs due to all the fuss being made by parents these days. Some of the teacher's were truly on the edge back in the day. I witnessed some truly shocking behaviour, but in most instances the pupils would just dust themselves down and got on with life, not go running home. You knew the rules so to speak. It would seem these days that at the first sign of a disagreement with a pupil some parents can't wait to be on the phone or arriving at the school gates. This must be a nightmare scenario for teachers and empower the pupils.