Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Ex-Player Watch

Post by MOT1964 »

Tam McManus
@The_Tman10
Awful news about Liam Miller keep the fingers crossed that he somehow pulls through. Was in the USA for treatment this month and flys back tomorrow to start chemo here. He’s still fighting it. Will say a prayer for him tonight.
10:07 pm · 12 Nov 2017
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

That's awful news always remember him for his goal at Southampton
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

MOT1964 wrote:Telegraph Football
@TeleFootball
Dominic Solanke, Lewis Cook and Angus Gunn to be called up by England ahead of Brazil friendly | @SamWallaceTel @Matt_Law_DT

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ad-brazil/
Amazing when he's only had so few starts for Bournemouth, makes you wonder why he dosent get into the first team week in week out. Even when he made his debut with us he looked quality from the outset. As others have said there'll be no add ons for him getting an England call up. Cellino just wanted to cash in without a second thought.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Apparently Denis Wise is on this years I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Apparently Denis Wise is on this years I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
Rumoured that Jamie Vardy’s wife is too.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

MOT1964 wrote:Tam McManus
@The_Tman10
Awful news about Liam Miller keep the fingers crossed that he somehow pulls through. Was in the USA for treatment this month and flys back tomorrow to start chemo here. He’s still fighting it. Will say a prayer for him tonight.
10:07 pm · 12 Nov 2017
Made the news here in Australia as he played for a few A League clubs, very sad indeed
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Apparently Denis Wise is on this years I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
It will be interesting to see what hairstyle he shows up with.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/de ... -to-fix-it

Despite his Chelsea connections, you have to say he did a great job during the -15 season.
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Apparently Denis Wise is on this years I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here........
Despite his Chelsea connections, you have to say he did a great job during the -15 season.
You mean Gus Poyet did a great job that season don't you?

I remember the stick Wise got when he attended a match at Windsor Park for refusing to play Little Lord Healy. He just put on that dopey grin and didn't know what to say.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Can't remember the exact game but Wise took Thompson off at an away game, the Leeds fans chanted at him you don't know what you're doing to which he gave the fans the 2 fingered salute. A lot of angry Leeds fans were been restrained by mates & others. He was a lucky man that day not too get a hiding. That was officially when lost anything he had with the fans. As OET says Poyet was the brain with Wise taking the plaudits.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Can't remember the exact game but Wise took Thompson off at an away game, the Leeds fans chanted at him you don't know what you're doing to which he gave the fans the 2 fingered salute. A lot of angry Leeds fans were been restrained by mates & others. He was a lucky man that day not too get a hiding. That was officially when lost anything he had with the fans. As OET says Poyet was the brain with Wise taking the plaudits.
Which shows how far we'd sunk if you know anything about Poyet and his erm toilet humour as demo'd when in charge of BHA ;)