In the Press

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: In the Press

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Just seen this on MSN. Don't know if it's old news.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/p ... spartanntp
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Just seen this on MSN. Don't know if it's old news.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/p ... spartanntp
BTP just announced it today so has made all the local papers internet editions in west yorkshire.

Not a nice way to end the day after we beat Burton 5-0.
Deleted User 3289

Exactly SL. 3 on 1 aswell. Cowards! I'm sure someone will know who they are as, i'm sure they will have been bragging about the attack.
Deleted User 3289

The saddest thing about this is. He was attacked because he was wearing the club scarf. Could have been anyone of us. Sad *****
Deleted User 3289

For those who may not have seen it there was a decent piece in the YEP. Touching on what most of us have discussed on here.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-8812042
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Angus Kinnear interview tonight, on Leeds United monthly special on Radio Leeds at 6pm.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... lland-road

Some fairly decent analysis here on the recent poor run. Must say I agree with a lot of it, especially the section focusing on the poor quality of the teams we beat early on
Deleted User 3289

Costy wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... lland-road

Some fairly decent analysis here on the recent poor run. Must say I agree with a lot of it, especially the section focusing on the poor quality of the teams we beat early on
Good article. Puts it in black & white for those of us who can't be arsed doing the stats stuff. :wave: It also paints a bleaker picture than I had really given thought to. I think we are more disjointed playing the way TC sets us up than I had realised. He rightly takes FW out after some poor showings and puts Lonergan in, who in turn boots the ball long, but who to? All our players are 5"7 and Lasogga just doesn't seem up for the fight in the air (but he will run). So that leaves AL to boot the ball out towards the wingers (what wingers I hear you say) exactly.

Its the first time I have actually started to believe we may not have the personnel to get us out of this slump. I hope i'm bloody wrong, starting tomorrow. (Everything crossed) If we lose its going to get messy.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Not sure that article added much to our knowledge at all! Many of us have been bleating on about the poor quality of the opposition at the start of the season. I'm not convinced our change in "style" is anything to do with Lonergan either and I sure as hell don't want Felix back! Surely IF Lonergan is playing it long then that must be an instruction? I cannot believe any keeper - even if I was in goal!- can't play it short if that's the order?
On reflection on the Brentford errors I'm also not going to slate Lonergan. The first goal now appears to have come from the blinding light of the floodlights at our end of the ground and explains why their keeper did exactly the same for our equaliser. The free kick also came through a crowd of legs and I reckon that as a case of him being unsighted. So, for me it would be a potential disaster to put Felix back in.
Deleted User 3289

IF Lonergan is playing it long then that must be an instruction?

It says in the article 85% of the time. If that's the case, either TC as no confidence in AL to play out from the back, or as you say its a instruction. If its the latter I would question the instruction. When I watched them against Brentford, AL seemed to be kicking out towards the wings, i'm not sure how many balls TC thinks either Roofe, Saiz or Alioiski will be winning in the air? The stat shows how many touches Lasogga has per game, so TC can't be saying lump it up to him.

I'm just struggling in my head with the way TC sets them up in the 4-2-3-1 formation, that lumping the ball forward from Lonergan is going to start a attack? The only thing I can think of is that he says press the knockdowns from one of their players and press high with the 3 but its not been working of late.

I meant Sunday by the way. :D