Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Simple question should we stay in the EU or opt out ?

Poll ended at 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

IN
50%
OUT
50%

Total votes: 12

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Brexit - Yes or No? - Poll added

Post by Davycc »

Playing devils avocado here but where do you draw the line at giving the people the final vote, what is or isn't deemed to be important enough to do that? I'd never be out of my local Primary school as there's so many things I'd want a personal vote on !

Unfortunately we vote these people in and we have to take the consequences.

PS WK just realised I'm commenting on another of your posts, really not a personal thing mate and I know you take things the right way :D :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Davycc wrote:Playing devils avocado here but where do you draw the line at giving the people the final vote, what is or isn't deemed to be important enough to do that? I'd never be out of my local Primary school as there's so many things I'd want a personal vote on !

PS WK just realised I'm commenting on another of your posts, really not a personal thing mate and I know you take things the right way :D :thumbup:
:D Don't worry Davy, I enjoy the banter. As I said earlier, it's what the forum is about!
By the way, I'm working in your neck of the woods on Tuesday. Just glad I'll have a customs/ passport free drive over the border. Long may that last :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

White Knight wrote:
Davycc wrote:Playing devils avocado here but where do you draw the line at giving the people the final vote, what is or isn't deemed to be important enough to do that? I'd never be out of my local Primary school as there's so many things I'd want a personal vote on !

:D Don't worry Davy, I enjoy the banter. As I said earlier, it's what the forum is about!
By the way, I'm working in your neck of the woods on Tuesday. Just glad I'll have a customs/ passport free drive over the border. Long may that last :thumbup:
Too true :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

White Knight wrote:

No matter what problems accrue from the politicians, the people will sort it out locally, they always do.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Government loses vote on publishing Brexit impact assessment papers. I've got a feeling this is going to be Project fear x 10.

Nick Clegg, Ken Clarke and Lord Adonis visit Barnier to discuss Christmas. Instead of delivering the usual three gifts, gold, frankincense and myrrh. They just handed Barnier three copies of Nick Clegg'ss latest book.
Deleted User 3289

The figure doing the rounds at the minute is anywhere between £40-60 euro's before we can move onto trade talks. :crazy:

I'm no business expert, but that's a lot of money we could be spending preparing for a no deal.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The figure doing the rounds at the minute is anywhere between £40-60 euro's before we can move onto trade talks. :crazy:

I'm no business expert, but that's a lot of money we could be spending preparing for a no deal.

Fifty quid ??

I take it you mean BILLION ??
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

We should walk away and pay sod all. I would love to see Barnier's face if he had to report back to the EU that he hadn't got any money. That is the EU's main requirement. If we walked away, that would trigger (unplanned) phase 2 of Brexit negotiations where the workers of the EU, and particularly the French Trade Unions, get involved. The EU elite in Brussels will then find out, probably for the first time in their lives, what it is to be 'accountable'.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The figure doing the rounds at the minute is anywhere between £40-60 euro's before we can move onto trade talks. :crazy:

Fifty quid ??
That sounds about right to me :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

rigger wrote:

Fifty quid ??

I take it you mean BILLION ??
No, I meant fifty quid. Don't tell me they mean Billions? :D

I agree with John. We should just walk away. Its turning into a farce where we seem to be willing to give the EU anything in return for something yet to be specified? :crazy:

The £50bn ;) would go along way to compensating business why they adapt to trading on WTO rules for a few years.