Re: Sport Newsflash

Post by johnh »

Eat your heart out Stelling, Maidenhead were 'live' on BT. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

White Knight wrote:...would be nice to win!
Hey WK. Disappointing day for ye on Leeside. First sending off didn't seem to bother ye til Gleesons wonder pass for Waterfords 2nd goal. They really pushed on after that. Your thoughts?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

kk_white wrote:
Hey WK. Disappointing day for ye on Leeside. First sending off didn't seem to bother ye til Gleesons wonder pass for Waterfords 2nd goal. They really pushed on after that. Your thoughts?
Commiserations WK. I watched the highlights on sky news, it looked a great atmosphere with some great attacking play. How bad was that sending off tho, crikey the player tried to decapitate the guy, rough stuff indeed.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

kk_white wrote:
Well KKW, it was a disappointing end to a great run. The inexperience of this size of occasion and the youth of the team were obvious when things went wrong. Up to, and immediately after the sending off they still looked good, even if we weren't playing with our normal flair. Waterford had only scored 1.11 at that stage.The goal where Joyce was dispossessed really broke their spirit and it was a rout after that. If Austin Gleeson had been sent off in the first half it would have been a very different game!

Couldn't begrudge either Waterford or Galway an All Ireland. I think Galway will win. They have too much for them.

On the positive side for Cork, there is no way Waterford are 11 points better than Cork, this is the education they need to step up, we have time on our side (including having a quality minor team) and not many teams anywhere take 50,000 supporters to a game - and they love this team.

Mark my words, we'll be back - and Waterford (and their hard men) are first in the black book. They will only get better. :thumbup: Up the Rebels!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

That MVG game v Rob Cross must be the best darts game ever, absolutely unbelievable.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:That MVG game v Rob Cross must be the best darts game ever, absolutely unbelievable.
An absolutely fantastic match.

Couldn't say if it was the best ever, but it's certainly up there with the Taylor v Part and Taylor v Barney finals.
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:That MVG game v Rob Cross must be the best darts game ever, absolutely unbelievable.
An absolutely fantastic match.

Couldn't say if it was the best ever, but it's certainly up there with the Taylor v Part and Taylor v Barney finals.
Agreed, fantastic match. For me personally I'm glad its not a MVG v Taylor final as a "top of his game" MVG could well have whitewashed Taylor. That would've have been a sad ending to his career. For what he has done to darts it would be a fitting end for him to go out on a high with a 17th world title :clap: :clap:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Had a cracking day out at the crucible today for the World Snooker Championships, John Higgins making a break of 146 the highlight of the day, plus a couple of selfies with legends Terry Griffiths and Dennis Taylor.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

As you know i live in Australia and more specificly in Newcastle NSW. I support the Newcastle Jets soccer team and in previous seasons i have done an A League report (thread) of past seasons and if you thought watching Leeds was dire some of the football i had to endure was painful to say the least.

10 years ago we made and won a grand final beating our local rivals in the Central Coast Mariners 1-0 and we made last made the finals series in 2010 when former Leeds player Michael Bridges played for us, since then poor owners and rookie coaches (managers) have given us 2 wooden spoons in the last 3 seasons including last year.

This year i still did my A league report but did not start a thread on the forum and i'm happy to say we finished 2nd in the league and have now just made the A league grand final where we will play Melbourne Victory in the big dance at home.

In the semis we played Melbourne City and beat them 2-1 thanks to a fantastic goal (link below)

https://www.a-league.com.au/video/goal- ... ley-mcgree

Melbourne Victory (Deebo's team) beat Sydney in extra time 3-2 even though they actually scored all 5 goals in the game.

Our owner Martin Lee predicted that in the second year we would make the finals and we have, he said in year 3 we would make the Asian Champions league and we will. He also got an experienced manager in Ernie Merrick (a lovable Scotsman) who has won titles actually with Melbourne Victory years ago. Oh for an owner and manager like that for Leeds!!!!

Saturday night is the big game and after so many bad years i am going to look forward to this game no matter what happens.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.