Whats your Favourite UK Cities ?

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
Deleted User 728

Re: Whats your Favourite UK Cities ?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Only been the once, but Cork is cracking* - I agree :)

*Craicing ??
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

rigger wrote:Only been the once, but Cork is cracking* - I agree :)

*Craicing ??
First one is correct Its a cracking place,

"Craic" (/kræk/ KRAK) or "crack" is a term for news, gossip, fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation, particularly prominent in Ireland. It is often used with the definite article – the craic – as in the expression "What's the craic?" (meaning "How are you?" or "What's happening?"). :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Selby White wrote:I'll hopefully visiting in September along with a few other parts of Ireland. Looking forward to it :thumbup:
Please have a wander through Kilkenny while your over here Selby. I'm biased, but its a beautiful medieval city, not too big (pop 30,000) and has done a really brilliant job integrating modern life while retaining the old atmosphere. Castle in city centre is fabulous:

"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

CorkWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:Only been the once, but Cork is cracking* - I agree :)

*Craicing ??
First one is correct Its a cracking place,

"Craic" (/kræk/ KRAK) or "crack" is a term for news, gossip, fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation, particularly prominent in Ireland. It is often used with the definite article – the craic – as in the expression "What's the craic?" (meaning "How are you?" or "What's happening?"). :D

I know .. I was being facetious :ugeek:
Deleted User 728

kk_white wrote:
Selby White wrote:I'll hopefully visiting in September along with a few other parts of Ireland. Looking forward to it :thumbup:
Please have a wander through Kilkenny while your over here Selby. I'm biased, but its a beautiful medieval city, not too big (pop 30,000) and has done a really brilliant job integrating modern life while retaining the old atmosphere. Castle in city centre is fabulous:

Your image isn't showing KK
kk white

Post by kk white »

Bugger, it is for me. I used postimages.org but think there's an issue with it now.
Any other suggestions for useable sites?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
kk white

Post by kk white »

tinypic is filtered at my work pc
kk white

Post by kk white »

This working?
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Yes. But so were the other ones on my PC.
It looks lovely, by the way.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sniffer wrote:Yes. But so were the other ones on my PC.
It looks lovely, by the way.
Yes I can also see them all, looks impressive :thumbup

When we come over we are initially having a few nights in the North before moving South.
We are having a week near a village/town called Ballinasloe, Athlone looks the nearest big town.
Then moving to the southwest staying just outside a village called Castlemane for another week.

Both are cottages we've booked and we will have the car with us, the plan is to use as a base to see as much of the country as possible.
Any tips are more than welcome, its not while September so plenty of time to plan.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.