HECK BASHING - a mod-free zone - say what you like ..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Heckingbottom Is he the Man??

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SG90 wrote:I wonder how bad it would have to get until people stop making excuses for him. Relegation probably. We don't owe him anything. Barnsley fans are laughing at us for paying them for him. The fact is only Milanic in our entire history had a worse record and he was only given 6 games, so doesn't really count.

There's a difference between excuses and mitigating circumstances.

The stat you roll out above is pointless too, as six games is too small for any credence.
By your reckoning, Sam Allardyce is the best England manager of all time because he has a 100% success rate.

It was only one game, but he won it :wave:

I've seen the page doing the rounds on social media with The Don at the top, Grayson second and Cloughie down the bottom with Hock and Heck. It's actually inaccurate anyway, if you take into account all competitions and caretakers as Redfearn tops that list with a 75% win ratio ... after four games.

Should we get Grayson back ??
I would say not given that a large chunk of his success was in getting us out of the third division.
Does that compare with Dolly in Europe or Sgt Wilko's league title ?

I've said before I'm not Heck's biggest fan but I will defend him when he's been up against it in so many ways since he took the job.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Costy wrote:So a manager, given charge of a group of players for a matter of weeks, actually makes them worse than they otherwise would have been? Does all the coaching prior to his arrival count for nothing then? Can't get my head around that idea. Most of our squad lack the quality to do well in this division, hence being 14th. It is as simple as that. A very smalll handful of managers can inspire a bit of a change, but only really to organise a relegation threatened team. Other than that it is all about the quality of the playing squad in my opinion, and ours is sub standard.
Add to that he is also having to use what is 2nd choice players (and a few 3rd choice) in a many positions.
We were not a good team before his arrival but with the likes of Ayling, Pontus and our 3 January signings among others unavailable it's no surprise we are losing games.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

It's not Orta who subbed off Alioski for Grot when we were dominating, it's not Orta who dropped Saiz, it's not Orta who starts Ekuban up front every game, it's not Orta who dropped Tom Pearce rather than give him in a chance, it's not Orta who hoofs it up to small strikers etc. These are all on him, no excuses.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

SG90 wrote:It's not Orta who subbed off Alioski for Grot when we were dominating, it's not Orta who dropped Saiz, it's not Orta who starts Ekuban up front every game, it's not Orta who dropped Tom Pearce rather than give him in a chance, it's not Orta who hoofs it up to small strikers etc. These are all on him, no excuses.
Don't recall seeing Heckingbottom hoof it up to anyone.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
SG90 wrote:It's not Orta who subbed off Alioski for Grot when we were dominating, it's not Orta who dropped Saiz, it's not Orta who starts Ekuban up front every game, it's not Orta who dropped Tom Pearce rather than give him in a chance, it's not Orta who hoofs it up to small strikers etc. These are all on him, no excuses.
Don't recall seeing Heckingbottom hoof it up to anyone.
His tactics are to go long, rather than play it out from the back like we used to.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I actually think you're wrong there.

I think Saiz has been sold and they're protecting him from injury.

Similar situation with Lasogga : he's not gonna be signed so why play him ?
Ekuban's been injured most of the season so why not use the time now to get him back to full fitness ahead of the pre-season ?

Pearce played last night.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

rigger wrote:

I actually think you're wrong there.

I think Saiz has been sold and they're protecting him from injury.

Similar situation with Lasogga : he's not gonna be signed so why play him ?
Ekuban's been injured most of the season so why not use the time now to get him back to full fitness ahead of the pre-season ?

Pearce played last night.
He dropped him after the wendies when he needed games, wouldn't be surprised if he gets dropped again.

Saiz will definitely leave if PH stays, I don't blame him tbh. He was sold ambition that the club clearly doesn't have, turned down La Liga for us. We don't have a good record replacing our best players, so expect another poor replacement.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Pearce was poor against SW, a definite nervous debutante.

Can you tell us more of the inside info on player arrivals and departures then that you seem to know?
SG90

Post by SG90 »

He was poor in first half and got better in the second with more confidence. Looked a lot more assured yesterday, which is why you give young players a chance.

It was rigger who says he thinks Saiz is sold. I said I don't blame him if he wants to leave. Same for Pablo and Jansson too.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

SG90 wrote:He was poor in first half and got better in the second with more confidence. Looked a lot more assured yesterday, which is why you give young players a chance.

It was rigger who says he thinks Saiz is sold. I said I don't blame him if he wants to leave. Same for Pablo and Jansson too.

Was this Rigger and not you? 'Saiz will definitely leave if PH stays, I don't blame him tbh.'