Needle and

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Needle and

Post by Davycc »

OK so we've had the Cricket Thread, the Boxing Thread, the World Cup Thread etc so lets have a Needle and Thread. Whats the one, top thing, no lists, no numbers 2 and 3 just the TOP thing in life that really REALLY needles you?

For me, it's automated phone systems I hate them, there's never on option that you need so you try any of them only to be cut off after 20 minutes pushing every button on your phone (the hash key on mine has worn off )
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Needle and

Post by Wigan White »

Lazy people who are able to work but don't want to, and live on benefits.

Don't have any problems with folk who are unable to work for whatever reason.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Cold Callers and we get more than our fair share.

Still also get pleasure in winding them.up and I'm getting skilled at it.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Smokers who drop their tab ends on the floor, when there is a bin no more than 5 yards away.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:OK so we've had the Cricket Thread, the Boxing Thread, the World Cup Thread etc so lets have a Needle and Thread. Whats the one, top thing, no lists, no numbers 2 and 3 just the TOP thing in life that really REALLY needles you?

For me, it's automated phone systems I hate them, there's never on option that you need so you try any of them only to be cut off after 20 minutes pushing every button on your phone (the hash key on mine has worn off )
For those who want a splif press hash. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Management who say "We'd like to help you but Process is Process" and then pass the process to a contractor who will f**k you over. Or to put it another way corporate arse-covering and cowardice. Not that I'm going through anything particularly crap at the moment. :|
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Taxi / Private Hire drivers.

Having to drive in Leeds city centre every Friday & Saturday night while I'm at work, it really winds me up when they're speeding and ignoring the basic Highway Code. If they aren't doing that they just stop to drop off or pick up expecting everyone behind them to wait. If I drove like they do I'd soon lose my licence and be out of a job, yet they drive like idiots even when they have passengers and never get stopped.

Rant over :lol:
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

VAR - it just cost my team the Newcastle jets a CHANCE of winning the A League grand final, thats No 1 for me right now! :x
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Umbrellas

As I'm 6' I'm the right height for little old ladies to come towards me at full belt attempting to take my eye out. They never look where they are going & frankly don't think they care :evil:
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Supermarket floors

I hate the slippy bloody things, my wife reckons rather than walk on them I waddle. It's called basophobia.
Winner of the Europa League