What's your opinion of the manager status?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: What's your opinion of the manager status?

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

rigger wrote:1. I don't think we'll change manager over the summer

2. If we do make a change later this year, it'll probably be for a relatively unknown foreigner potentially on the way up and definitely on the cheap, ie TC2.0.
This.

Rollthedyce as just come out of a 4m a year contract at Everton. What makes anyone think we suddenly have got that sort of money? If we did lure him with a big promotion bonus, we would have to spend in excess of 50m to get the right players in. Its a none starter for me, and yes i am glad. :D
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

If we are going to change managers then Allardyce is exactly what we should be looking for. Experienced, track record of success (in terms of what we need now) and half a chance of keeping us up once promoted.

I could not care less about baggage, the club has had awful baggage for the last fifteen years without any success. The game stinks of corruption and if we are going to take the moral high ground then we should have done it when George Graham was appointed.

Back him and we will go up within 2 seasons.

If we are not going to bring in that type of manager then I am happy to give Heck a chance and see what he can do with a pre-season behind him and some players that are better suited to this division.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

PH: a win ratio at 2 Championship clubs this season that is probably only marginally better than Brechin City. Enough said? He will be gone by the Bonfire Night.

Big Sam? Won't come, no money.
Big Mick? Would come, won't be asked.
Big Dave? Won't come, no money.
Big Daddy? Wrong sport.

:)
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Bringing in several far better quality players than what we've currently got is going to be the biggest factor in any success we might have. I honestly think that without that it doesn't make a lot of difference who's in charge. How anyone can blame Heckingbottom for our poor end to the season, when in reality we were in decline from mid October, is beyond me. Lots of Injuries and suspensions added to a squad low on quality and confidence meant he had almost no chance of improvement. He may not turn out to be the right man, but it is chronically unfair to decide that yet.
I also find comments on his (or any other manager's) coaching abilities laughable. I may be assuming too much but I doubt anyone on here has watched his coaching sessions? The same applies to commenting on 'motivating the players' and 'man management'. Surely the only things we can really express informed opinions on are the abilities of the players when we watch them play and the decisions the manager makes regarding team selections. I listen to Talksport every night on my way home and it really annoys me when pundits and callers talk at length about things they can't really have any knowledge of. Online forums and Twitter are also full of the same thing. I must enjoy torturing myself. I know it drives me mad when I hear people trying to talk about my job when they don't actually have the first idea what it involves.
Sorry- that turned into a rant!
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

rss1969 wrote:If we are going to change managers then Allardyce is exactly what we should be looking for. Experienced, track record of success (in terms of what we need now) and half a chance of keeping us up once promoted.

I could not care less about baggage, the club has had awful baggage for the last fifteen years without any success. The game stinks of corruption and if we are going to take the moral high ground then we should have done it when George Graham was appointed.

If we are not going to bring in that type of manager then I am happy to give Heck a chance and see what he can do with a pre-season behind him and some players that are better suited to this division.
Pretty much agree with all of this
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ilkley62 wrote:
rss1969 wrote:If we are going to change managers then Allardyce is exactly what we should be looking for. Experienced, track record of success (in terms of what we need now) and half a chance of keeping us up once promoted.

Pretty much agree with all of this
Yep, same here.

I've always begrudgingly quite liked Moyes but wouldn't want him here as his Scum affiliation would work against him from the off, some fans would never accept it or forgive - it's bad enough at the moment with Heckingbottom's comment about hating us when he was a kid.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I'm glad Allardyce left Everton but think he could do a job at Leeds. He would sort out the defence and also sort out underperforming players (we had our fair share of them last season). He knows how to win ugly which is key in the dog-eat-dog Championship. Allardyce and two or three 8/10m players and we will have half a chance of the play-off's.
I once played against Don Revie.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Have to say I could go for Big Sam. At least he knows how to get out of this league (upwards). With PH I only see us going out of it at the arse end!
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

phil62 wrote:PH: a win ratio at 2 Championship clubs this season that is probably only marginally better than Brechin City. Enough said? He will be gone by the Bonfire Night.

Big Sam? Won't come, no money.
Big Mick? Would come, won't be asked.
Big Dave? Won't come, no money.
Big Daddy? Wrong sport.

:)
Used to love watching Big daddy when i was a kid. Shirley Crabtree was his real name and he was from My back yard in Halifax, but it is the wrong sport :D
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Honestly speaking, I don't feel optimistic about next season, I live in hope of course i do, but at the same time Hope is all i'm left with as i currently don't feel inspired by anything happening at Leeds.

Big Sam has gone to the Hammers and Moyes has gone to Everton, neither of them would inspire me any more than PH does to be honest unless as many have mentioned here they were backed by Radz which lets face it, he isn't going to do. I fear for the club more than feel were growing with the current way things are. PH is not up to the task and i honestly believe if he was given 200 million quid he wouldn't fare any better because he isn't a good manager.

Raneieri has left Nantes after one season, he might be worth looking into.... I liked his managerial style and he would inspire these mediocre players more.