As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Deleted User 728

Re: As a forum do we think Biesla is the right man ?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Semantics ;)

Anyway, shut up and watch the football :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rigger wrote:Semantics ;)

Anyway, shut up and watch the football :D
Am doing!

And you stop using 'hopefully' wrongly :thumbup: :angel:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

LMAO ! :D
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Costy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:Great first post, mate :D

Thanks for that !
More to the point....where are you from? And if you're sticking around get on our members map :thumbup:

(Grammar police is it still frowned upon to start a sentence with "And" and in the sentence above would it have been ok to put the question mark after map ? i.e :

More to the point....where are you from and if you're sticking around get on our members map?)

:shock:
It's fine to start a sentence with 'and' if done correctly Davy. It's usually done for effect where extra emphasis is placed on the 'and' with a comma somewhere in the sentence. I probably would have created an embedded clause with a comma after 'and', then after 'around'. No need for a question mark on your second sentence as your use of the definitive 'get' makes it a command, not a question.

Teaching has turned me into a total geek.
Oh my God, I've created a monster.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Costy wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Thanks for that !
More to the point....where are you from? And if you're sticking around get on our members map :thumbup:

(Grammar police is it still frowned upon to start a sentence with "And" and in the sentence above would it have been ok to put the question mark after map ? i.e :

More to the point....where are you from and if you're sticking around get on our members map?)

It's fine to start a sentence with 'and' if done correctly Davy. It's usually done for effect where extra emphasis is placed on the 'and' with a comma somewhere in the sentence. I probably would have created an embedded clause with a comma after 'and', then after 'around'. No need for a question mark on your second sentence as your use of the definitive 'get' makes it a command, not a question.

You forgot to tell him off for ending a clause with a preposition, twice! :)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Otherworld wrote:
Costy wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Thanks for that !

You forgot to tell him off for ending a clause with a preposition, twice! :)
A what, with who? I've propositioned no one! :wtf:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

First it was before Friday last week
Then on Monday
Definitely before the start of the World Cup
Now its tomorrow

JUST GET IT FECKING DONE FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Its a done deal guys and girls, Bielsa is our new head coach, Official at last. Now lets start building the team to get us back to where this club really belongs.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Leeds United have signed former Argentina coach Marcelo Biesla as their new manager. This saga has been going on for weeks but it’s finally ended according to BBC broadcaster, Adam Pope
Leeds United fan and BBC broadcaster Adam Pope tweeted “I’m hearing from a source close to Marcelo Bielsa that the contract has been signed & emailed to club” He then added, “I’m told Bielsa will travel to Leeds late on next week to start as the new #lufc head coach with a member of his backroom staff”

This is the news Leeds United fans have been waiting on for weeks and weeks. The former Argentinian national coach has also managed the likes of Lille, Lazio, Marseille, the Chilean national team and most notably of all, Athletic Bilbao. Biesla took the Spanish side all the way to the Europa League final a few years back. Which is one of his greatest achievements to date.

Leeds fended off the likes of Portuguese giants Sporting CP on route to getting their man but it’s finally done. There has been no official announcement made yet from the West Yorkshire club. Saying this, it will probably come very soon now the word is out that he is now the new Leeds United manager. Expect big things from Leeds United next season. Especially if they have a good transfer window because they’ve got their hands on a top quality coach and one they have worked so hard to get.

This is what i'm looking forward to.................. Welcome to Leeds Utd MB
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

Just read it on the BBC Sport page - Allelujah!! Welcome aboard Marcelo.