The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:I see there has been talk about a bridge from somewhere in Scotland to somewhere in Northern Ireland. The most important issue is the requirement for a notice on the Scotland side which says: 'Have you remembered your umbrella'.
Sssssshhhhh John there's planning permission for an umberella shop at our end instead of a toll booth....would pay for the bridge in no time.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I've had a William Hill account for maybe 3 years and keep getting messages about free competitions etc which I've always ignored (scams to get people into different betting arenas etc) Today I gave in and played their "Scratch of the Day" game and scratched my card. To my amazement I won a £20 free bet to use as I please, no strings. Feck me I thought WH are going mad :D so I was mad and stuck it on Morocco and Uruguay tomorrow. I also got a "bonus" £10 play on a thing called Monopoly Mega Movers, wasn't going to bother but had a go and have just transferred £100 to my bank account from winnings.

Now stepping back a little I can see how that works for WH, how some would be tempted to start playing said games ...... Me I'll stick to losing my money in footie bets :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

There's a staggering number of gambling ads during the World Cup breaks on ITV.

I'm sure the govt said they'd be monitoring it all a while back.

3/1 they wait till the tournament's over before doing anything about it ...
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Our kids, well not exactly kids but you get my drift have decided they want to go to Llandudno for 2 nights, I really don't want to go but if it keeps the peace....

Anyway we have decided we want to spend the night in Manchester taking in the football museum & to see some Lowery paintings. I take you back 50 years & my first job was as a trainee waiter at The Midland living in digs in Salford. I started as the lowest of the low but through hard work soon came good. I've just booked a junior suite for a night, prior to Llandudno & when asked by Kate on reservations had I stayed at the hotel before, my answer was yes to which she said give me a minute I'll look you up on our system, my response was it was 50 years ago :D it will be a trip down memory lane as this lad from North Yorkshire relives his early working life.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Our kids, well not exactly kids but you get my drift have decided they want to go to Llandudno for 2 nights, I really don't want to go but if it keeps the peace....

Anyway we have decided we want to spend the night in Manchester taking in the football museum & to see some Lowery paintings. I take you back 50 years & my first job was as a trainee waiter at The Midland living in digs in Salford. I started as the lowest of the low but through hard work soon came good. I've just booked a junior suite for a night, prior to Llandudno & when asked by Kate on reservations had I stayed at the hotel before, my answer was yes to which she said give me a minute I'll look you up on our system, my response was it was 50 years ago :D it will be a trip down memory lane as this lad from North Yorkshire relives his early working life.
Think the Midland is now part of the Q hotel group which is a Leeds based company.
Not stayed at that particular one but have stayed at least six of their hotels, all been pretty good.
They often have a few special deals on which is great for 2 or 3 nights away.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:
Think the Midland is now part of the Q hotel group which is a Leeds based company.
Not stayed at that particular one but have stayed at least six of their hotels, all been pretty good.
They often have a few special deals on which is great for 2 or 3 nights away.
Yes it is, when I was there it was a British Transport Hotel, in fact if you go into the Railway Museum in York there's all the crockery, cloches, silverware, cutlery & glassware that was used on the trains & in the hotels. Several of us were sent to The Glen Eagles hotel during the British Open to help out.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

In 1959 I was selected to play for the North of England v Stockport County in a trial game for the GB team at the Rome Olympics. It was an evening game under lights at Stockport's ground and before the game we had to meet at the Midland Hotel in Manchester. The FA had hired a room where the players were introduced to each other. I only knew a couple of guys but they made me captain and I had the job of introducing everyone. Remembering names is a nightmare so I told everyone that if they were shouting for a ball and couldn't remember a name, to shout the name 'Eric'. The FA provided a plate of sandwiches but nothing after the game. Bob Wilson, the ex Arsenal keeper was our keeper that night. Maybe NW brought the sandwiches? :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:In 1959 I was selected to play for the North of England v Stockport County in a trial game for the GB team at the Rome Olympics. It was an evening game under lights at Stockport's ground and before the game we had to meet at the Midland Hotel in Manchester. The FA had hired a room where the players were introduced to each other. I only knew a couple of guys but they made me captain and I had the job of introducing everyone. Remembering names is a nightmare so I told everyone that if they were shouting for a ball and couldn't remember a name, to shout the name 'Eric'. The FA provided a plate of sandwiches but nothing after the game. Bob Wilson, the ex Arsenal keeper was our keeper that night. Maybe NW brought the sandwiches? :D
:clap: :clap: Eric's ball...Love it
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mrs B purchased a helicopter flying lesson for me as a Christmas present, unless the weather/wind take an unlikely turn for the worse, then I am doing this tomorrow.

If you don’t hear from me after 14.00 hours tomorrow, then there is a good chance I may have perished.

Bon Voyage :(
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Mrs B purchased a helicopter flying lesson for me as a Christmas present, unless the weather/wind take an unlikely turn for the worse, then I am doing this tomorrow.

If you don’t hear from me after 14.00 hours tomorrow, then there is a good chance I may have perished.

Bon Voyage :(
Just wondering if Mrs BB misunderstood at Christmas when you wished for a big chopper. :oops: