Leeds United Fixtures & Fixture Changes

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Leeds United Fixtures & Fixture Changes

Post by DominanceUK »

stoke (a), derby (a), rotherham (h), swansea (a), norwich (a), boro (h)

That's our first 6 games. I know there's no easy games in the Championship but that's a very tough start for MB and the boys.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

DominanceUK wrote:stoke (a), derby (a), rotherham (h), swansea (a), norwich (a), boro (h)

That's our first 6 games. I know there's no easy games in the Championship but that's a very tough start for MB and the boys.
Stoke at home first game, but yes, a difficult start.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

As an aside you have to feel sorry for Carlisle whose fans face a 700 mile round trip to Exeter on the opening day.
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:As an aside you have to feel sorry for Carlisle whose fans face a 700 mile round trip to Exeter on the opening day.
Better then, than on a wet Wednesday night in November.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:As an aside you have to feel sorry for Carlisle whose fans face a 700 mile round trip to Exeter on the opening day.
You do have to wonder at their brain power sometimes, appreciate it’s not on the same scale, but Swansea home and away are both midweek games :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Austin91
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Austin91 »

MOT1964 wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:stoke (a), derby (a), rotherham (h), swansea (a), norwich (a), boro (h)

To be honest, I like the idea of a difficult start. I think last season we won a lot of 'easy' games early on and suddenly thought we were world beaters. I recon if we start tough it will get us up to a good, competitive level quicker which can only benefit us. It will also give Bielsa a bit of a baptism of fire which would open him up more to the realities of the championship.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Austin91 wrote:To be honest, I like the idea of a difficult start. I think last season we won a lot of 'easy' games early on and suddenly thought we were world beaters. I recon if we start tough it will get us up to a good, competitive level quicker which can only benefit us. It will also give Bielsa a bit of a baptism of fire which would open him up more to the realities of the championship.
Yep. At least if the start happens to be poor and we are not quite playing the Bielsa way yet, it's better than dropping points to the perceived weaker teams and still have to meet the big boys later on. Even if playing well, some of those games are a 50/50 chance anyway.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Austin91 wrote:
MOT1964 wrote:

To be honest, I like the idea of a difficult start. I think last season we won a lot of 'easy' games early on and suddenly thought we were world beaters. I recon if we start tough it will get us up to a good, competitive level quicker which can only benefit us. It will also give Bielsa a bit of a baptism of fire which would open him up more to the realities of the championship.
Agreed Austin, I think the tougher the opening games it sets the bar high for the players to raise their game. I like a tough opening month for the lads so that i too can see how well they are now that Bielsa will have them playing a different set up.

Its going to be tough to organize the team to take on Stoke and even Swansea who have a lot of experienced premiership players and even for Rotherham who are on a promotion from League one and its a Yorkshire Derby which in the past few years we have been atrocious at. Then there's the three other tough sides in Norwich, Boro, and Derby who are all good sides and have been for a few years in the Championship.. This league is a hell of a nightmare to get out of and there are a minimum of Twelve good sides who could win promotion the other twelve can also give the league a shock or two. Unpredictable is an understatement.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

tough start looks like were be on sky opening game again ;)
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

At least its sunday afternoon could have been Friday night which Sky have chosen to show Reading V Derby thankfully.