The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Davy, really sorry to hear about your problems, nightmare. Glad L&G are doing their best to lessen the blow. Hope you are sorted asap.

My problems pale into insignificance in comparison. Had a problem with my car door (drivers door), wouldn't close properly and the car alarm kept going off. A neighbour told me this morning that it had been going off in the night though I slept through it! :shock: Took the car into the dealer in Slough this morning. Nightmare journey in rush hour. Going through Slough trading estate there are traffic lights every 150 yards for about 2 miles. Always on red!
Got to the dealer and as I hadn't made an appointment, had to wait for someone to become available. Waited about an hour and a half and then they got it sorted. Asked how much and they said 'no charge'. First bit of luck today! Hope some of that luck comes your way Davy. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Nice one, John.
Always great when it's free.

Davy, glad you're getting things sorted.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

As I said over Twitter Davy, as long as everyone is safe and well, everything else can be replaced.

I was an insurance broker for 28 years, and we prided ourselves on the level of claims service we offered, after all, that is what you buy the insurance for in the first place.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Cheers guys. John those wee things can be the most frustrating, glad things worked out well.

Yeah BB am really happy with the service right down to being able to track every little detail on their customer portal. Poor couple down the road a bit didn't renew their insurance as they were planning to move overseas earlier this year but it was put back a year. They forgot all about it until Saturday when they remembered, really feel for them.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

35 degrees C today here in Berkshire. Only ventured out to pick up a bottle of chilled white. Never thought I would say this but am looking forward to Thursday when the temperature is supposed to drop!
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Getting a bit fed up with the heat now the garden is wrecked and lawns are yellow and parched. We're just not used to it here.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Getting a bit fed up with the heat now the garden is wrecked and lawns are yellow and parched. We're just not used to it here.

Wish my lawn was still yellow. Been through the yellow stage, now brown and in some places white!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Had a 'meet-up' today with a guy I did my National Service with in Singapore (1955-1957). He lives in Shepperton and we meet at the Toby Carvery in Old Windsor which is about equidistant for both of us. Really nice way of spending a couple of hours. There used to be about five of us but, sadly, we are down to two. Made some really good friends during National Service, 'all in it together' formed some strong bonds.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Had a 'meet-up' today with a guy I did my National Service with in Singapore (1955-1957). He lives in Shepperton and we meet at the Toby Carvery in Old Windsor which is about equidistant for both of us. Really nice way of spending a couple of hours. There used to be about five of us but, sadly, we are down to two. Made some really good friends during National Service, 'all in it together' formed some strong bonds.

And you know what John, wouldn't hurt to bring it in again for those that "can't" find steady jobs etc. Give them a bit of life skills, personal discipline and make them feel a bit more of themselves.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:Had a 'meet-up' today with a guy I did my National Service with in Singapore (1955-1957). He lives in Shepperton and we meet at the Toby Carvery in Old Windsor which is about equidistant for both of us. Really nice way of spending a couple of hours. There used to be about five of us but, sadly, we are down to two. Made some really good friends during National Service, 'all in it together' formed some strong bonds.

And you know what John, wouldn't hurt to bring it in again for those that "can't" find steady jobs etc. Give them a bit of life skills, personal discipline and make them feel a bit more of themselves.
Well France and Germany are having a look at it.