MB'S PRESS CONFERENCES

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: MB'S PRESS CONFERENCES

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

FROM Leeds live:-

Crespo translated

This is a very rough translation of what Crespo said, provided by our good friends at Google Translate.

Marcelo: his apology made me rewind 14 years of a pain that I still have inside. That feeling leads me to write this letter. When you speak, you run the risk that the anger will push you to say some unfair word. Think, rewrite, give time to reflect. Even though that does not change what I felt: it was a tremendous disappointment to feel cheated by a leader like you. The sadness was as great as the esteem I had for him. I had believed him from the first day that we met in Parma. You not only told me your game ideas for the National Team. He told me about the way to handle himself as a driver, his personality to make decisions without caring about the faces, Marcelo. Do you remember? It was a mature talk, although at a distance it distorted a bit. Everything we talked about was in privacy. Like you, I was never to open the doors of the changing rooms to the media or to the people. The fans do not want internal but respect for the shirt.

Today I do it public because I got their words in Leeds. Of course, Marcelo, I accept your apology. I already forgave him a long time ago, if I had to forgive him. I’m sorry we did not speak personally, not even by telephone. But it’s never late. In addition, we both know that he had already realized “his grave error” long before this statement. It was clear the last time we discussed the subject. You remember how he spoke to me and what my crude response was ... I would not have reacted that way just by discovering a word game to motivate. You were and are smart enough to know that a player does not improve his level by a lie. If it happened, that footballer would be more foolish than immature. I do not want to go into details that neither of you will give. In fact, that remains in the background. The most important thing is the teaching that leaves the situation that now remembered. As Marcelo told us so many times, we must deal with the truth, without deceiving the other. At the end of the road, whoever proceeds like this is not only the best leader but also the most mature

It made me happy to hear it, Marcelo. I send you a hug. Hernán Crespo.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Excellent read this thread really loving MB :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Arkham
Giddy Kipper

Post by Arkham »

Hey guys, south-american "el loco" (and now LUFC) fan over here. Just wanted to add that the google translate version is good. I would only add this correction: substitute the third person pronouns (He/his/him) for second person ones (You/your/you). The mistake originates because Crespo used the formal version of the pronouns (usted/su) and the verb conjugation, and frequently in Spanish this form is the same of the third person singular. Cheers.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Arkham wrote:Hey guys, south-american "el loco" (and now LUFC) fan over here. Just wanted to add that the google translate version is good. I would only add this correction: substitute the third person pronouns (He/his/him) for second person ones (You/your/you). The mistake originates because Crespo used the formal version of the pronouns (usted/su) and the verb conjugation, and frequently in Spanish this form is the same of the third person singular. Cheers.

Now that's what I call a first post :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Welcome in, amigo :D
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Selby White wrote:Excellent read this thread really loving MB :D
I agree, I think we have a legend on board :D
mtsi5630
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by mtsi5630 »

MB's commitment to his philosophy is absolute, and it is a philsophy. He is a deep thinker not just on football but what football represents in life. I can see now why Pep Guardiola and Mauricio Pochettino refer to him as the greatest manager around. If we can keep him around even for just 1 season, his thoughts and ideas will bring far more to the club than what the results of 1 season will show. I truly feel he can have a transformative effect on our whole club, changing our psyche as fans, players and administrators to believe in an ideal that will overcome our bitter regrets and disappointments of the last 15-16 years.

I don't care about mundane arguments over formations, CB re-inforcements etc. His Press conference answers show how little we, as armchair pundits/experts, truly understand. We focus on the wrong things and chase the present victories instead of building the necessary foundations for lasting success.

In Bielsa I Trust. I seriously doubt I will see another like him at our club in my lifetime.
lexluchor
Giddy Kipper

Post by lexluchor »

Always I hear this critic about Guardiola or Mourinho "is easy to take Barcelona, Real Madrid, City, Manchester United.... and fight for titles... but, to be a great manager ... they need to take Getafe, Villareal, Torino or West Ham and build a champion team"... well, I think Bielsa wants that for a while... Chile, OM, Lille... and Leeds, are not the top of the top teams, and he want build history.
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

i just wonder, if bielsa does get us promoted this season , still a big IF and an awful lot can happen between now and the end of the season. will he stay on to challenge himself against the other premiership managers/teams or leave having already done what he was brought here to do?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

dunlop wrote:i just wonder, if bielsa does get us promoted this season , still a big IF and an awful lot can happen between now and the end of the season. will he stay on to challenge himself against the other premiership managers/teams or leave having already done what he was brought here to do?
I know contracts don't always mean much but believe he signed a two year deal with option of a 3rd year.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
dunlop
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunlop »

well that sounds promising, let's hope everything keeps going well and that everyone stays happy.