Leeds v Reading - Visitors from Texas

Introduce yourself here
TexasJ
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Leeds v Reading - Visitors from Texas

Post by TexasJ »

Four of us from Houston, Texas visiting for the Leeds v Reading match on Nov 27.
Any ideas on pre- & post match pubs would be appreciated as would like to meet up with some local fans for a beer or two.
We are a motley crew with backgrounds from Venezuela, Puerto Rico & Mexico and have been planning this trip for a couple of years.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Leeds v Reading - Visitors from Texas

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Firstly welcome to the forum. The Peacock next to the ground is a good pub & for home fans only. Enjoy your trip.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
TexasJ

Post by TexasJ »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Firstly welcome to the forum. The Peacock next to the ground is a good pub & for home fans only. Enjoy your trip.
Thanks for tip. The Club were terrific in sorting out tickets for my group so we're really looking forward to it.
Perhaps we can buy you beer at Peacock before the match in appreciation for your hospitality.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'm guessing you'll be staying in town somewhere ?
There's a cracking pub called The Grove with loads of English "real ales" on draught (that's warm beer to you ;) ) and it has a good, mature atmosphere before and after games. It's not far from the station - google it and you'll find it's on the way if you fancy walking to or from the ground. When I come up from the south of England I often go there post-match :)

Have a great time !
TexasJ

Post by TexasJ »

rigger wrote:I'm guessing you'll be staying in town somewhere ?
There's a cracking pub called The Grove with loads of English "real ales" on draught (that's warm beer to you ;) ) and it has a good, mature atmosphere before and after games. It's not far from the station - google it and you'll find it's on the way if you fancy walking to or from the ground. When I come up from the south of England I often go there post-match :)

Have a great time !
Sounds perfect! We're staying not too far from the Station so that sounds ideal. If weather permits we'll walk to stadium and make sure we include a stop at The Grove. Cheers
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Keep saying "Cheers" and "mate" to anyone you meet and you'll be fine ;)
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Have a great trip mate. Just inform Trump about the trip so he allows you back into the States. :thumbup: :D
TexasJ

Post by TexasJ »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Have a great trip mate. Just inform Trump about the trip so he allows you back into the States. :thumbup: :D
Thanks. We're not exactly on speaking terms with his Trumpness so I might skip that piece advice and risk it.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

TexasJ, spent a week in Houston in 1983. Have a great and memorable visit. :thumbup: Keep posting and let us know how your trip goes.
I once played against Don Revie.