Fan from Chile

Introduce yourself here
Bielsa_revolution
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Fan from Chile

Post by Bielsa_revolution »

Hello everyone!

Football fan here, can't stop following Bielsa since what he did for my national team and my country in general. This man is about way more than just football. It's a shame that his interpreter is not really accurate.

Cheers to the Leeds fans! Promotion is due to this season!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Fan from Chile

Post by Selby White »

Welcome :wave:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hola y bienvenido :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy.

Please could you explain your comment regarding his interpreter ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Bielsa_revolution wrote:
This man is about way more than just football.
That's why I love the guy, as well as obviously being a football genius he also appears to be one decent honest human being.

Hi there welcome to the forum please stay around and join in the chat.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Bielsa_revolution
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Bielsa_revolution »

Barlow Boy wrote:Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy.

Thanks everybody! Hopefully I'm going to be able to go to England when promotion happens! (I'll live in France next year, if I get the visa, je)

To Barlow Boy, I mean that his interpreter doesn't get it right. Bielsa is a guy who speaks in a cult way, with many subtleties, and the interpreter just ignores them and translates in the easiest way, and very often a lot of the sense is lost in my opinion. Some other times he just makes things up.

For example, it's quite known his phrase "It's a comfortable bucket", when in fact Bielsa never said that! What he actually said was "It's just a bucket", nothing more, he never said "comfortable" or anything of the sort. Of course, this is just an irrelevant example, but the point persists: What Bielsa really says is getting very often lost in translation, and it's material really worth having. Perhaps other Spanish speakers of the forum can confirm.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Bielsa_revolution wrote:

Thanks everybody! Hopefully I'm going to be able to go to England when promotion happens! (I'll live in France next year, if I get the visa, je)

To Barlow Boy, I mean that his interpreter doesn't get it right. Bielsa is a guy who speaks in a cult way, with many subtleties, and the interpreter just ignores them and translates in the easiest way, and very often a lot of the sense is lost in my opinion. Some other times he just makes things up.

For example, it's quite known his phrase "It's a comfortable bucket", when in fact Bielsa never said that! What he actually said was "It's just a bucket", nothing more, he never said "comfortable" or anything of the sort. Of course, this is just an irrelevant example, but the point persists: What Bielsa really says is getting very often lost in translation, and it's material really worth having. Perhaps other Spanish speakers of the forum can confirm.
Thank you very much for that, that’s very interesting.

Unfortunately, I only speak English and same would say I don’t do that very well either.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Bielsa_revolution wrote:

Thank you very much for that, that’s very interesting.

Unfortunately, I only speak English and same would say I don’t do that very well either.
Same probably would but I don't think he's a forum member !

Or was that a clever line or a "fraudulent" slip BB :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Saludos amigo.

Bienvenido

(This is about 50% of the Spanish I know! The other half is about ordering beer.......... :D )
Keep The Faith / WAL
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.