Introduce yourself here
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Fan from Chile

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Bielsa_revolution wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy.

Please could you explain your comment regarding his interpreter ?
Thanks everybody! Hopefully I'm going to be able to go to England when promotion happens! (I'll live in France next year, if I get the visa, je)

To Barlow Boy, I mean that his interpreter doesn't get it right. Bielsa is a guy who speaks in a cult way, with many subtleties, and the interpreter just ignores them and translates in the easiest way, and very often a lot of the sense is lost in my opinion. Some other times he just makes things up.

For example, it's quite known his phrase "It's a comfortable bucket", when in fact Bielsa never said that! What he actually said was "It's just a bucket", nothing more, he never said "comfortable" or anything of the sort. Of course, this is just an irrelevant example, but the point persists: What Bielsa really says is getting very often lost in translation, and it's material really worth having. Perhaps other Spanish speakers of the forum can confirm.
Thank you very much for that, that’s very interesting.

Unfortunately, I only speak English and same would say I don’t do that very well either.
Same probably would but I don't think he's a forum member !

Or was that a clever line or a "fraudulent" slip BB :D
Nah mate, I was just bladdered when I wrote that :oops:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Bielsa_revolution wrote:

Thanks everybody! Hopefully I'm going to be able to go to England when promotion happens! (I'll live in France next year, if I get the visa, je)

To Barlow Boy, I mean that his interpreter doesn't get it right. Bielsa is a guy who speaks in a cult way, with many subtleties, and the interpreter just ignores them and translates in the easiest way, and very often a lot of the sense is lost in my opinion. Some other times he just makes things up.

For example, it's quite known his phrase "It's a comfortable bucket", when in fact Bielsa never said that! What he actually said was "It's just a bucket", nothing more, he never said "comfortable" or anything of the sort. Of course, this is just an irrelevant example, but the point persists: What Bielsa really says is getting very often lost in translation, and it's material really worth having. Perhaps other Spanish speakers of the forum can confirm.
Hola mijo y bienvenido! Estoy d'acuerdo que, a veces, las traductiones no son correctas. Bielsa habla un Español facil a entendir y, por ejemplo, quando esta hablando de 'ofensivo' la traduction correcta seria 'attacking' y no 'offensive'.

Mi esposa es Colombiana por eso hablo Español, pero no como tu excelente Ingles!
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Bielsa_revolution wrote:

Hola mijo y bienvenido! Estoy d'acuerdo que, a veces, las traductiones no son correctas. Bielsa habla un Español facil a entendir y, por ejemplo, quando esta hablando de 'ofensivo' la traduction correcta seria 'attacking' y no 'offensive'.

Mi esposa es Colombiana por eso hablo Español, pero no como tu excelente Ingles!
Show off :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:
Bielsa_revolution wrote:

Show off :D
Probablemente :lol:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....