Centenary kits ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Centenary kits ?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Been thinking about our kit for next season and wondering whether the board will follow the likes of Saints and Arsenal in reverting to their historic strips to celebrate their centenary ?
The Saints one (all white with a Peru-style diagonal stripe in red) was massively popular with the fans, but the Arsenal one (a deeper shade, almost claret) was less well received.

If we want to honour our founders, this is how we'd look :

While the first Leeds City FC colours could be the away strip :

I know the first one is a bit Sheffield Wednesday/'udders, but it would only be for a season.
I love the City one and also the variations we had on those colours before The Don changed the kit in the 60s.

What do you think ??
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Centenary kits ?

Post by johnh »

I think the most iconic strip, historically, is the old gold with blue sleeves and collar. Black shorts.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:I think the most iconic strip, historically, is the old gold with blue sleeves and collar. Black shorts.

I agree, John.
I actually prefer the black shorts version too, even though the white shorts are a bit more "Leeds United" :shh:

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I like the 55-56 kit have a replica one, with short sleeves though. I like the old Leeds City badge as well.
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Love the city one, but can see the one that John likes as where the club will head to and that won't be a bad option either.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

First LU kit was Huddersfield's and any objective, gracious Leeds fan should be forever thankful for their contribution to our club's beginnings :P

Not being funny but if we're celebrating the centenary why would we try to emulate the 1940s/'50s kits? Was thinking that we should have all-white but with blue stripes on the back of the shirt as a nod to the first LU kit. Whatever the club decides, it will have fans and critics alike :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Plain all white, round neck, no sponsors names and a smiley badge....... won't happen though ;)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Davycc wrote:Plain all white, round neck, no sponsors names and a smiley badge....... won't happen though ;)
I was told that Radrizzani dislikes the Smiley badge. Bloody philistine :P