Stoke City away

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Stoke City away

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Seems a lot of regulars have missed out on getting tickets for this game. I know NottinghamWhites have missed out. Seems all the mini season ticket holders went into the same ballot as full season ticket holders, hence a lot missing out. Supply will never reach demand & will only get worse the more successful we are.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Stoke City away

Post by Barlow Boy »

It’s an impossible situation for the club, as you say supply NW supply will never meet demand and it will get even worse once we do reach the PL.

On the one hand, the loyalty system is the best way forward, as those who go to most away games are rewarded first, but if the tickets are all gone in a matter of two ‘tracker blocks’, then how are any of the other fans able to build up loyalty.

I’ve not missed a home game for around 7 years, but because of my personal situation at home, there is no viability in me getting an away season ticket, as I can only do around 5/6 away (generally the more local ones). In effect, I drop into the ‘pot luck’ category when trying to get tickets.

As for the mini season ticket holders getting a Stoke ticket, I can understand the club cashing in commercially on our current position and I accept they may get away tickets before me, even though in theory they may not have attended a home game all year, never mind the last 7.

As I say, an impossible situation for the club.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

My pal text me yesterday saying the 3000 allocation went in 4 mins.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I remember during our League One days that getting tickets was never a problem. I easily got tickets for Macclesfield & Chester in the League Cup & had no problem getting one for Histon ( though with hindsight I wish I hadn't bothered ) My daughter who I'm sure dlw10 will confirm dosent miss many away games & is miffed she's missed out here. I've mentioned on here before that getting tickets home or away, unless you have the relevant season tickets you're going to struggle. Suppose that's the price of success.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

A small consolation of not getting a ticket is that you don't have to go to Stoke. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
bgd
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by bgd »

It's always telling looking at the replies to the lufctickets twitter account. When it goes on the loyalty scheme, STs & members are up in arms about never getting a chance. When it's on general sale, people who've been to a few don't think they should be allowed to miss out.

I think they've been striking a decent balance of away tracker vs general sale to ST holders. There's a few grounds with big allocation within ~1hr drive of Leeds - never had a problem getting tickets for Blackburn or Wigan, for example. I do wish they gave more notice on sale details though. Announcing today that sale is tomorrow, for a match in 2-3 weeks time, they can surely do better than that.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Nottingham White wrote:Seems a lot of regulars have missed out on getting tickets for this game. I know Nottingham Whites have missed out. Seems all the mini season ticket holders went into the same ballot as full season ticket holders, hence a lot missing out. Supply will never reach demand & will only get worse the more successful we are.
It does seem weird to me that so many branches don't appear to have got any at all! If you say Nottingham missed out, I also know that Shropshire got none and West Midlands got none! Surrey and Sussex also saying they got none at all! And yes, NW, I can confirm that Sarah J is at almost every away game! See her virtually everywhere these days so can understand she will be well miffed if she can't get a ticket. For me, I'm particularly annoyed in that I was looking forward to a good pre match session in Market Drayton with the Shropshire Whites.... but at the moment only me and my lad Mark have a ticket so we'll be on our own!
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I remember during our League One days that getting tickets was never a problem. I easily got tickets for Macclesfield & Chester in the League Cup & had no problem getting one for Histon ( though with hindsight I wish I hadn't bothered ) My daughter who I'm sure dlw10 will confirm dosent miss many away games & is miffed she's missed out here. I've mentioned on here before that getting tickets home or away, unless you have the relevant season tickets you're going to struggle. Suppose that's the price of success.
I remember in our PL years if we had cup games against another PL team tickets would go quickly, but an opponent a few leagues down would often be easy to get tickets even though they usually had smaller allocation.

It wouldn't be surprised if we do get into the PL for all away games hard to get tickets for.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

My daughter & a couple of mates are now sorted :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:My daughter & a couple of mates are now sorted :thumbup:
That’s good news NW, I think I may have seen your daughter on Friday, but wasn’t 100% sure so didn’t say anything to save any potential embarrassment :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.