Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Spygate

Post by SG90 »

It's the hypocrisy that pisses me off no end. Harry Kane is celebrated for diving, Bournemouth are a 'fairytale' for overspending and cheating ffp, Wolves have help from a super agent despite it being against the rules, Mourinho hiding in the laundry is 'funny'.

Funny how the "outraged" press were nowhere to be seen when Bates was asset stripping us to death, GFH nearly taking us out of business, Cellino sexual harassment cases etc.
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
Also, I think the Club needs to handle what has happened very, very carefully. Giving Marcelo a rollicking, publicly or otherwise might well cause the bloke to walk.
I actually think the club / Marcelo are completely complicit in the whole affair.... I'm sure that in private the club are fine with what Marcelo did... Radz is from Italy ifs where sharp practice is the norm... and I'm equally sure that they've said to Marcelo, we'll have to issue this statement to head off any points deduction... and if MB gets a fine, I'm sure the club will pay it for them....

no need to worry about this imho
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnnysmiles wrote: sharp practice
I love that phrase - so wrong for what it means, but so right because it's deceptive in itself :D
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

On one hand it is sad that this has overshadowed what was a great performance from the team on the night. Completly blown out of proportion. It was sad that performances like Clarke's and Forshaw's were not the focus. On the other hand, maybe it hides the fact of how good we were last night. It was frighteningly easy at times.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

SG90 wrote:It's the hypocrisy that pisses me off no end. Harry Kane is celebrated for diving, Bournemouth are a 'fairytale' for overspending and cheating ffp, Wolves have help from a super agent despite it being against the rules, Mourinho hiding in the laundry is 'funny'.

Funny how the "outraged" press were nowhere to be seen when Bates was asset stripping us to death, GFH nearly taking us out of business, Cellino sexual harassment cases etc.

Agree with this. Whoever that guy was on Sky who was ranting on and on about how disgusting it was, I don't know who he is, but he needs to get some sense of perspective. I suspected an underlying grudge there!

Charlie Nicholas gave the most even comment about it.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Frankie wrote:
SG90 wrote:It's the hypocrisy that pisses me off no end. Harry Kane is celebrated for diving, Bournemouth are a 'fairytale' for overspending and cheating ffp, Wolves have help from a super agent despite it being against the rules, Mourinho hiding in the laundry is 'funny'.

Agree with this. Whoever that guy was on Sky who was ranting on and on about how disgusting it was, I don't know who he is, but he needs to get some sense of perspective. I suspected an underlying grudge there!

Keith Andrews, professional Leeds hater. :roll:

Apparently we have no chance of promotion because of our bench yesterday, despite missing 6 players.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

SG90 wrote:
Frankie wrote:

Keith Andrews, professional Leeds hater. :roll:

Apparently we have no chance of promotion because of our bench yesterday, despite missing 6 players.
I've just watched the match back again and then listened to the post match interviews etc, I don't know what was worse, Andrews saying we wouldn't finish in the top 2 if we didn't sign 3 or 4 players in this window or the fact that Bent agreed with everything he said and gave exactly the same bloody answers!
DallasWhite
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by DallasWhite »

They just had a five minute chat about 'Spygate' on our local Dallas sport radio station. First time I've heard Leeds mentioned on American radio.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

DallasWhite wrote:They just had a five minute chat about 'Spygate' on our local Dallas sport radio station. First time I've heard Leeds mentioned on American radio.
Every cloud and all that :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leeds in Tassie
Giddy Kipper

Post by Leeds in Tassie »

It’s a bit unsavoury and being blown out of proportion based on what we know so far. There were allegations in Australian Rules Football last year or the year before of clubs using drones to spy on opponents training sessions. AFL clubs have a system of declaring “open” and “closed” training sessions with only players and club officials allowed at closed sessions. Maybe the FA could look at similar arrangements? Great win on Friday and some good results for us this weekend, long may it continue!