2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SiMamu »

Leonickroberts wrote:
saihtam wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
lufctrav wrote:If i understand right, Leeds will be buying Kiko Casilla's contract.
Indeed going by this tweet from Guillem Balague:-

Guillem Balague
‏Verified account @GuillemBalague
Jan 13

By the way, the cost of the transfer.... £0!! Well done again to the technical secretary of @LUFC
Buying out contract then means that we just take their contract over, pay nothing to real and continue to pay the same amount of salary he had in Real?
Probably likely to pay off Real in a lump sum or a few short instalments (i.e. akin to a transfer fee). Wonder what salary he'll be on?

Weirdly there are still strong rumours doing the rounds of Fraser Forster and Emiliano Martinez.
I think that both those links are just paper talk and clickbait. Only Phil Hay can be considered a genuine source of Leeds news, and he has only mentioned Casilla.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

The Casilla deal would be similar to Tom Lees to the wendies. Technically classed as "undisclosed", but no fee paid just the wages paid up instead.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

SiMamu wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
saihtam wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
lufctrav wrote:If i understand right, Leeds will be buying Kiko Casilla's contract.

Guillem Balague
Jan 13

By the way, the cost of the transfer.... £0!! Well done again to the technical secretary of @LUFC
Buying out contract then means that we just take their contract over, pay nothing to real and continue to pay the same amount of salary he had in Real?
Probably likely to pay off Real in a lump sum or a few short instalments (i.e. akin to a transfer fee). Wonder what salary he'll be on?

Weirdly there are still strong rumours doing the rounds of Fraser Forster and Emiliano Martinez.
I think that both those links are just paper talk and clickbait. Only Phil Hay can be considered a genuine source of Leeds news, and he has only mentioned Casilla.
It's just his agent trying to get his name out there.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Of course we need players in. We had a small squad anyway and have now lost Blackman, Baker and Saiz for the season.

Imagine injuries to Hernandez, Alioski, Roofe, Klich in the next game, we'd be in a right mess.

Can't say I know much about the James lad but he looks tricky, full of pace.....and is young enough to learn. I'd he happy with him to fight it on the wings with Alioski, Clark and Hernandez.

I'd love a real good addition for the 10 Jersey though. This would allow Hernandez to alternate to wing or even sit out the odd game.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

TezzaWazzaBazza wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:Said it before, I'll say it again, we don't need anybody. This team/squad will continue to improve, the injured players will come back and give us an helping hand. I'm not sure how many times we play in midweek between now and the end of the season, 2 or 3 perhaps, off the top of my head. Cooper coming back is massive.
We will have more injuries, so we need depth.
Agree with Dom, we have players returning from injury our squad is good.
The emergence of Halme, Clarke, Shackleton, Davies has given us the depth we need in my opinion.

Saying "if" certain named key players get injured is the same for any club. Players of that quality aren't going to come to sit on the bench in case of injuries.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

sgt_pooly wrote:Of course we need players in. We had a small squad anyway and have now lost Blackman, Baker and Saiz for the season.

Imagine injuries to Hernandez, Alioski, Roofe, Klich in the next game, we'd be in a right mess.

Can't say I know much about the James lad but he looks tricky, full of pace.....and is young enough to learn. I'd he happy with him to fight it on the wings with Alioski, Clark and Hernandez.

I'd love a real good addition for the 10 Jersey though. This would allow Hernandez to alternate to wing or even sit out the odd game.

Whilst not technically a No10 Brown would fit that role just in behind the striker..........scored 2 today for the U23's.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Once Casilla joins, if we didn't bring anyone else in I wouldn't be excessively disappointed. Clarke, Brown and Shackleton can all effectively cover the losses of Baker and Saiz. I feel like Dan James will provide little more to the squad than Harrison and Clarke, so I don't think he is what is necessarily required. If a genuinely top player who would definitively improve the starting lineup out wide or at 10 is available, then sure. Otherwise, Brown could be that solution anyway, along with Clarke.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Leonickroberts wrote:
saihtam wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:

Guillem Balague
Jan 13

I've seen reports that he is on £50k which while expensive, works out to be cheaper than £4m + wages for Darlow.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Kiko missed training this morning at Real Madrid :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin