Feed the birds

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Feed the birds

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

CorkWhite wrote:Someday I'm going to find a way to get the camera out and take some pictures of some local birds here where i live in the Philippines. I've always been a keen admirer of birds, feeding them etc and this is something I'd like to get more into. I love nature as much as anything (its therapeutic) I am in the city at the moment so when i can get to the countryside i will try taking a few snaps and then i will post them here.
Point and shoot Corky. ;)

Ps... Don't let that message get out to the debt collectors over there. :shifty:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CW, if you go in the jungle, don't get confused with the flying lizards. They are the ones that go 'splat' into the tree trunk and then cling on with their claws.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

CorkWhite wrote:Someday I'm going to find a way to get the camera out and take some pictures of some local birds here where i live in the Philippines. I've always been a keen admirer of birds, feeding them etc and this is something I'd like to get more into. I love nature as much as anything (its therapeutic) I am in the city at the moment so when i can get to the countryside i will try taking a few snaps and then i will post them here.
Look forward to seeing them ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Point and shoot Corky. ;)

Ps... Don't let that message get out to the debt collectors over there. :shifty:
:clap: :clap: :lol: I hear you mate loud and clear
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

johnh wrote:CW, if you go in the jungle, don't get confused with the flying lizards. They are the ones that go 'splat' into the tree trunk and then cling on with their claws.
Its the cobra's i'd be more wary of and the constrictors too. I am in the city and i have had two in the kitchen in the past year. Lucky the kids were busy in school that day otherwise it would have been a lot more serious. They weren't Philippines cobra's that time, they were non poisonous but do give a vicious bite apparently. Both were about 4 feet in length and they were having some jiggery pokery. My wife had a friend come over and he took care of them and she then cooked them actually snake meat is not so bad to eat. bit like chicken depending on the seasoning.

So if they are in the city then the Jungle would be a lot worse. John during your time on National service in Malaysia did you get to hear the noises snakes make at night? they are almost singing to each other and its scary walking down dark roads with no lights.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:
johnh wrote:CW, if you go in the jungle, don't get confused with the flying lizards. They are the ones that go 'splat' into the tree trunk and then cling on with their claws.
Its the cobra's i'd be more wary of and the constrictors too. I am in the city and i have had two in the kitchen in the past year. Lucky the kids were busy in school that day otherwise it would have been a lot more serious. They weren't Philippines cobra's that time, they were non poisonous but do give a vicious bite apparently. Both were about 4 feet in length and they were having some jiggery pokery. My wife had a friend come over and he took care of them and she then cooked them actually snake meat is not so bad to eat. bit like chicken depending on the seasoning.

So if they are in the city then the Jungle would be a lot worse. John during your time on National service in Malaysia did you get to hear the noises snakes make at night? they are almost singing to each other and its scary walking down dark roads with no lights.
Yeah, know what you mean CW. I remember being on guard duty once. It was about 3 o'clock in the morning. I was dog tired and sat down on the tarmac road which was still warm from the previous days sun. I lay back and fell asleep! I was woken up by a slithering noise and a snake crossed the road a few yards away. Didn't wait to find out what kind it was, I was out of there. Could have been worse, it could have been the Sergeant Major, I would then have been on a fizzer - asleep on guard duty. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:

Yeah, know what you mean CW. I remember being on guard duty once. It was about 3 o'clock in the morning. I was dog tired and sat down on the tarmac road which was still warm from the previous days sun. I lay back and fell asleep! I was woken up by a slithering noise and a snake crossed the road a few yards away. Didn't wait to find out what kind it was, I was out of there. Could have been worse, it could have been the Sergeant Major, I would then have been on a fizzer - asleep on guard duty. :shock:
Been there John Poor sod in time gone past who where knackered who dozed off didn't get off with it. As you know usually ended in a firing squad.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

A record number of Magpies on the roofs opposite this morning, 12 in total. A group of Magpies is called a parliament :D
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just had 9 magpies in the tree at bottom of garden, think most I've seen at same time.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

8`s a wish 9`s a kiss SW. :thumbup: