2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Nic »

On twitter there's a photo of Kemar with a leg brace on, probably cautionary but probably means he could be out for a few games
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Other sites saying he is out for 6 weeks
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

From Phil Hay....

Leeds United have confirmed that Kemar Roofe suffered knee ligament damage against Swansea last week. No timescale on his return but the club are hopeful he'll be back before the end of the season. #lufc
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Austin91
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Austin91 »

This is Bamfords big chance to really step up and show why we paid £7 Million for him. Really hope he grabs this opportunity with both hands and makes enough of an impact for us not to miss Roofe.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Austin91 wrote:This is Bamfords big chance to really step up and show why we paid £7 Million for him. Really hope he grabs this opportunity with both hands and makes enough of an impact for us not to miss Roofe.
I think it's more a chance for Roberts TBH, Bamford's already in the starting line-up. Think we'll see more of the Thorp Arch striker involvement now too ie on the bench. Bad luck for Roofe, I hope he makes a full recovery and has the chance to do it for us again, he's been a strong performer for us IMO.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Norwich put 4 past Bolton, its about time we started doing it to the lower teams instead of a win by the odd goal.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Norwich put 4 past Bolton, its about time we started doing it to the lower teams instead of a win by the odd goal.
I've been tipping us to win 4-0 all season on the predictor and it's never come up so yes, I agree :thumbup: :lol:
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

This is a blow.

I was advocating that Roofe be dropped for Roberts though as I do not think Roofe is good playing behind another striker.

Trouble is, Bamford, Roberts & Brown (if fully fit would be our best no10) have all had big injuries in the last 12 months. We need a bit of luck with injuries from here on in.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

Yes, this is a big problem, too many injuries, especially in the attacking section.
Bamford and Roberts are barely enough until the end of the season, who else could play as a striker?
Harrison played up front at QPR in the cup, but he is obviously not a forward.
Edmondson or Temenuzhkov perhaps?