I'm sorry I love this man

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

I'm sorry I love this man

Post by Davycc »

I'm sorry people, I caught the tail end of the Revie era. There wasn't much after that other than Mr Armfield being robbed of a great achievement in Paris until the Sgt came along. Unfortunately that didn't last either. Then we had the period I loved too with O'Leary and his "babes" again it crumbled. Simon gave us a glimpse but it wasn't to be. But now we have this man at the helm, not just a great coach (if we don't succeed in promotion it certainly isn't his fault in my eyes) but a man with everything I'd want as a leader, honesty, humility, compassion, dedication and who as the photo below shows hurts as much as any fan does. We see managers saying loses hurt etc this picture says a thousand words after the QPR defeat.

MOT MB

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: I'm sorry I love this man

Post by Otherworld »

No need to apologise, I feel the same way about him. He really ‘gets’ Leeds United.

I really hope that, if we don’t get promoted this season, he will give us another go next year.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

So fantastic to see someone to whom it is more than just their latest job!
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Mickeyzee »

I feel the same about him, I do fear that if we fail to gain promotion Bielsa will class this as a personal failure and will leave, I really hope I'm wrong. The only way IMO we will see Bielsa in a Leeds hoodie next season is in the prem.....

Mick
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Great post... I love him too and hope he sees out his days at Leeds.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I'm not sorry that i love Marcelo Bielsa. Not one bit. :D

The measure of the man just keeps amazing me, the way he is as a person reflects in his articulate details. He talks a lot of sense when asked questions. He shows how passionate he is about his job where ever he has been during his career. He may not have been as successful in the trophy cabinet collection as other managers but for me this intelligent human being has taken a tired old club from the depths of despair reduced its squad size and performed a near miracle in order to get us within an inch of promotion back to the premiership within 9 months of being at the club. He has transformed not only the team but the whole atmosphere of the club.

Honestly if we do achieve promotion this year which is a huge possibility, or if we don't.... I genuinely believe he will stay next year because if he walks he will also see a lot of the team walk as well which will be a disaster for the club. I think the measure of the man will shine through and he will want to create something special next season regardless of the current season.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

I'm bowled over every time I read his press conferences. Even after 8 months of reading them, I'm still entranced by his words.

IF he leaves due to not making it to the PL, then we can't let him go until he recommends who our next coach should be.

Surely he sees/knows someone in his mould. But then again, he may see it as being disloyal if he did not name one of his current coaches and therefore say nowt... Class act.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think I may just be about to increase everybody's love for him by sharing this podcast with you all :

https://player.fm/series/football-daily ... elsa-works
A special podcast examining the Marcelo Bielsa revolution at Leeds United. Guillem Balague spent four days behind the scenes at Elland Road speaking to his players, staff, fans and the man himself. We find out how he’s transformed the training ground, why his players are so impressed and observe one of his training sessions. Plus, you’ll hear some bizarre tales about plug sockets and a fireplace.

Click the link for an audio stream or to download and listen at your leisure.

It's very interesting indeed and reflects very well on Bielsa IMHO.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

rigger wrote:I think I may just be about to increase everybody's love for him by sharing this podcast with you all :

https://player.fm/series/football-daily ... elsa-works
A special podcast examining the Marcelo Bielsa revolution at Leeds United. Guillem Balague spent four days behind the scenes at Elland Road speaking to his players, staff, fans and the man himself. We find out how he’s transformed the training ground, why his players are so impressed and observe one of his training sessions. Plus, you’ll hear some bizarre tales about plug sockets and a fireplace.

Click the link for an audio stream or to download and listen at your leisure.

It's very interesting indeed and reflects very well on Bielsa IMHO.
Posted this link yesterday in the press forum:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47380612
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Soz mate :D

Listened to it at work this morning and really enjoyed it.