2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Roofe has now eased those fears, after speaking out for the first time following the injury.

Speaking to Radio X, he said: “I suffered damage to my lateral ligament and I’ll be out for six to eight weeks.

“I’ll be back for the final six or seven games, maybe a bit sooner. Every game is like a final now, each three points is massive.”
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Lassana Diara is a free agent after contract terminated by PSG. No idea if he'd come to the Championship but could be an experienced extra body if available on a short term contract.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Rob Price speaks about Roofe's injury:-

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... e-15889178
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

blackbox2342 wrote:Lassana Diara is a free agent after contract terminated by PSG. No idea if he'd come to the Championship but could be an experienced extra body if available on a short term contract.

We didn't do any buissiness, in the transfer window, so doubt were do any now.
Bielsa , likes he's small squad, and that will find us out, prob make play offs , and that's where
It will end.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

blackbox2342 wrote:Lassana Diara is a free agent after contract terminated by PSG. No idea if he'd come to the Championship but could be an experienced extra body if available on a short term contract.
Read a report quoting him as saying he was retiring from Football.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

whitedancer wrote:

We didn't do any buissiness, in the transfer window, so doubt were do any now.
Bielsa , likes he's small squad, and that will find us out, prob make play offs , and that's where
It will end.
:o :shock: :(
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

From TeamTalk.com
Samuel Saiz will look to secure a move elsewhere in LaLiga amid claims Getafe have opted against signing him permanently and a shock return to Leeds could be on the cards.

The attacking midfielder left Elland Road at the end of December to secure a loan switch to Getafe, which was due to become a permanent €6.5million switch in the summer.

However, the move back to LaLiga has not worked out as expected for Saiz, despite the player featuring eight times for his new club since returning to his homeland. Unconfirmed reports in the Spanish media claim Getafe have already decided against making his move permanent and could even look to send Saiz back to Elland Road for the remainder of the season.

And while confusion lies over Saiz’s future, it is understood that the loan arrangement to take the former Huesca player back to Spain does not contain a break clause, meaning he will remain on Getafe’s payroll until the end of the season at least.

Saiz quit Leeds at the start of the year after pleading with the club to allow him to return to his homeland following some difficult personal circumstances and he admitted he had no hesitation in making the move.

Speaking to Spanish newspaper AS, Saiz explained that he knew he had to seize this opportunity when the move came about.

He said: “After two years in England, when I had the option to return to Getafe, I was very attracted to the idea, and seeing how the team was working, I did not think twice.

“The league demands that we must go to the limit in each game.”

While Getafe’s loan deal for Saiz does not contain an obligation to buy, the player will find himself left in limbo if they, as expected, turn their back on the chance to sign him on a permanent basis.

However, rather than return to Leeds in the summer, it is understood that Saiz will instead try and secure a move elsewhere in LaLiga, with staying in Spain the only consideration to the player and his family.

Furthermore, it is reported by the Yorkshire Evening Post journalist Phil Hay that Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa would not want Saiz back during the promotion run-in – while a summer return to the fold also looks unlikely.

In his absence, Tyler Roberts looks to have seized his chance in the No 10 role with the former West Brom man enjoying his best performance in a Leeds shirt during last Friday’s 4-0 hammering of his former team.
So lots of chatter on FB about Saiz returning, though as it states unlikely to happen. Shame they are not taking him on, but at least they are still paying the wages.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Nic wrote:
From TeamTalk.com
However, rather than return to Leeds in the summer, it is understood that Saiz will instead try and secure a move elsewhere in LaLiga, with staying in Spain the only consideration to the player and his family.

Furthermore, it is reported by the Yorkshire Evening Post journalist Phil Hay that Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa would not want Saiz back during the promotion run-in – while a summer return to the fold also looks unlikely.

In his absence, Tyler Roberts looks to have seized his chance in the No 10 role with the former West Brom man enjoying his best performance in a Leeds shirt during last Friday’s 4-0 hammering of his former team.
So lots of chatter on FB about Saiz returning, though as it states unlikely to happen. Shame they are not taking him on, but at least they are still paying the wages.
I can't say I am that bothered about Saiz coming back. In fact it will be best for all parties if he finds another club.

This is a player of some talent but has a suspect temperament and lacks consistency. In his time with us he started both seasons kind of brightly but then quickly faded away. Did not bring enough into the team and definitely lacked goals. IMHO not good enough to get into the current best 11
Keep The Faith / WAL
Nic

Post by Nic »

PhoenixUnited wrote: I can't say I am that bothered about Saiz coming back. In fact it will be best for all parties if he finds another club.

This is a player of some talent but has a suspect temperament and lacks consistency. In his time with us he started both seasons kind of brightly but then quickly faded away. Did not bring enough into the team and definitely lacked goals. IMHO not good enough to get into the current best 11
Agree, I doubt he would get played now and be too much of a disruption. As they are still paying his wage, let him be with family and aim to find another club even if it ends up being for a "undisclosed fee".
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Kemar speaks about his injury update:-

https://www.leedsunited.com/video/10832 ... ury-update