Chuffing heck

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Chuffing heck

Post by kk white »

Dear Corkie, all my positive thoughts and prayers are with you.

Well done for what you've done so far - make sure you realise that there is nothing else you could have done at this time.

I lost my brother 2 years ago this month as a result of depression. From all the help I've received, the outstanding point made to me was 'do not forget about yourself during this time.' Whilst we naturally immerse ourselves in helping others, you need to be functioning as efficiently as possible too. Please make the time to seek help for just yourself also. It's similar to the flight warnings when the oxygen masks appear - tend to your own and you are then in the strongest position to tend to others.

As said above, feel free to contact through the forum or PM - always here for a chat if needed...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

That's awful Corky.

Thoughts are with you and your family.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Wow CW what a story mate.
Amazing actions to get your wife to the hospital so quickly in the most traumatic of situations.
Take care of yourselves and stay strong.
Best wishes to you and your whole family
MOT.
PW.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Thank you guys for the replies. I will take a few days before i post again, Writing what i did is when it really sank in for me.

I don't mind admitting that tears fell reading your replies too. Its appreciated, and KK thanks for the reminder of looking after myself too that is something people mostly forget and something i would have so i have to thank you for those words of wisdom mate.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Thoughts are with you and your family CW. Hope everything works out OK.

I must admit that after reading your post, and the subsequent replies, I felt proud of myself and the forum that you felt that you could share something so personal with us.

It's a testament to yourself and the people on here. Such trust and confidence shown in people that haven't even met.

Once again, take care.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CW mate, knocked me back reading that. Am thinking of you and hope that everything gets sorted over time. If you think there is any way we on this site can help, just shout. I know there are many on here who will do what they can. Also pleased that you are heeding KK's wise words. You look after yourself. Best wishes to all your family.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

So sorry to hear of your situation Corky, I sincerely hope that you and your good lady find solutions in the counselling sessions and can move forward happily with your lives.

As others have said, this is more than a football forum, we are all friends, and I have sought advice on here many times for both football and personal matters. Incidentally, I had counselling sessions when my wife and I went through what we went through, and found it very comforting, hopefully, you and your wife will too.

All the best mate.

Kev
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

That's some description of a harrowing experience CW and, like everyone has said, I hope it marks a low point and that you can both work to understand and sort the issues and go forward from here. Depression is such a difficult thing to spot developing and it seems to be that the first signal we get is usually something drastic - a good mate of my son's recently went through a similar chain of events but again, thankfully, some quick thinking and prompt action by his mates got him to a safe environment and he's now getting the support he needs. Best wishes CW.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

I hope everything works out for you (CW) and your good lady and that she gets the help that's needed.

Your quick actions have saved her life by taking her straight to hospital.

Depression and mental health are hidden dangers of life that really no-one wants to talk about or people hide away from, more should be done around the world for these conditions and to help people come out and not be embarrassed by their feelings etc, i'm not saying they don't exist but more could be done, sadly i see this everyday in my job.

Talking about it is the first step.

Thoughts are with your family CW!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Anyone else fed up with all this rain ? It’s really getting depressing now.