Evil in the World

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Evil in the World

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Radicalisation is in full flow around the globe it would seem, and imo until we find a way to sit these people down in front of a large worldwide audience and psychoanalyse their beliefs it will only get worse. If we shut people up, close them down the feeling of resentment grows. I think its about time we all pulled the plug on social media and got back to some good old fashioned compassion.

R.I.P to all the people caught up in this despicable tragedy.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

What I would consider the safest country in the world, New Zealand - 49 dead in terrorist shooting. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:What I would consider the safest country in the world, New Zealand - 49 dead in terrorist shooting. :shock:

It's shocking, and as you say John NZ is one of the last places i woulk expect it to happen.
The world really is sick when it produces people willing to carry out these atrocities.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Shocking news this morning with church's and hotels targeted with bomb attacks in Sri Lanka.
138 dead so far and many more seriously injured.

Evil World, thoughts very much with the victims.

We are actually planning to tour Sri Lanka next year, scary times.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I really do struggle how some individuals can have so much hatred in their heart/soul. If it turns out to be a political and religious motive then i really do wonder what vision of God- creator, whatever you may call it, these people have? I think its safe to say not one of compassion.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

How can this monster be released, has the world gone mad? :crazy:

https://news.sky.com/story/man-dubbed-m ... d-11739630
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

PockWhite wrote:How can this monster be released, has the world gone mad? :crazy:

It makes me sick "no longer a danger to the public" so what.
It's called punishment and people like that deserve never to see the light of day again.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Selby White wrote:
PockWhite wrote:How can this monster be released, has the world gone mad? :crazy:

It's called punishment and people like that deserve never to see the light of day again.

Jeanna is Malaysian and has a simple punishment for (most) criminals : "Kill 'em !"

I try to reason with her but sometimes she's right ..
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Selby White wrote:

Not sure how to reply to this to be honest. I hate murderer's and other serious criminals because of what they have done which is to have taken a life or multiple lives as in this story or they have affected someones live forever such as a rape victim and how that can lead onto other factors of not being able to feel intimate with their partner/husband/wife etc... To me they should be given the same punishment. A life for a life and a rapist should be hot ironed and castrated.

Then there is the other side which i have a major conflict with. My father sees the best in everyone and has always been like that ( I used to think he was easy pickings for any criminal out there and used to protect him so much from such people) In some ways i always said that i wouldn't want to be like him and 99% of the time I'm not. I'm crude when i have to be, but also logical and rational also.

I find that when a person kills children like this guy did and for the reasons i believe he should be given some form of torture method like the Chinese torture of 1000 cuts and the last one to kill him. Yet in my heart it says that he has served his time that the courts of the land had given him so he should be released without prejudice or malice. Aarrgghhh ( i'm fighting it ) My dad comes through and i can't help feel that this beast has been released and has the legal right to get on with his life regardless of his past.....

My only hope for people like this is that they actually do find a way to never commit their crimes again, I have a feeling though it won't be long before this guy does something bad again ( i genuinely hope not) and find's himself in prison for the rest of his life.

I hate these reports.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

rigger wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Jeanna is Malaysian and has a simple punishment for (most) criminals : "Kill 'em !"

I try to reason with her but sometimes she's right ..
My wife is Filipina and I can't argue with her :D she is right regardless of my opinion