2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by West beach white »

Great commitment from Barry Douglas to stay on the park and finish the game despite what has turned out to be a fairly bad injury.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Some joker on Twitter today:

'I see Southampton are preparing a £20 million bid for Kalvin Phillips. For £20 million I would let Southampton sniff his shinpad after a game"
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Macedonia international ruled out for remaining games.

Ezgjan Alioski will miss the remaining games of the 2018/19 campaign after tearing his meniscus in yesterday’s Sky Bet Championship match with Brentford.

The versatile Macedonian international will undergo surgery later today and is expected to face six-eight weeks on the sidelines.

Alioski has played a vital part in the side’s success this season featuring 47 times in all competitions and scoring seven goals.

Since joining the Whites in 2017, the 27-year-old has featured 90 times, netting 14 goals and providing 11 assists.

Director of Football Victor Orta said: “We are disappointed by the news that Gjanni is unlikely to play again this season.

“He has shown his quality throughout the year playing in various positions, he is popular figure around the club who always puts his team mates first and sets an example for the younger players.”
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

That's a real shame for him. His quality, especially in an attacking sense, is a bit hit and miss, but he gives it everything and his energy does cause opposition problems. I've had that very same injury and it's no fun at all.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

I think Alioski has been excellent in this campaign In fact I think he is up there with Phillips, Cooper and Hernandez as the player of the season. Bielsa must think a lot of him too because he is never dropped. He'll be missed.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Patrick Bamford charged by the FA, for successful deception of the referee, faces a two game.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Patrick Bamford charged by the FA, for successful deception of the referee, faces a two game.
If Roofe will be fit I'm actually not too worried about this. I'm not a Bamford detractor (or deJCB) but I felt on Sunday he showed very little and his touch and control was way off.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Patrick Bamford charged by the FA, for successful deception of the referee, faces a two game.
If Roofe will be fit I'm actually not too worried about this. I'm not a Bamford detractor (or deJCB) but I felt on Sunday he showed very little and his touch and control was way off.
Some Leeds fans on Twitter asking for the ban to be increased to 4 games.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

It doesn't really matter who we have up front, none are goalscorers.
I once played against Don Revie.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

johnh wrote:It doesn't really matter who we have up front, none are goalscorers.
I thought Roofe did exceptionally well at the start of the season. I'm glad Bamford has a 2 match ban, hopefully he'll learn from this. Only worry would be is that Roofe may not be match fit.