The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Nic »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:Do not spill red wine on the Sofa if you want to keep her indoors happy :oops:
The exact reason why a few years ago after several "fabric" sofas we went for a leather suite. Doesn't stop your's truly spilling it or getting roasted for doing so but at least when you lick it up none has been wasted soaking into the cloth :thumbup:
Fortunately its a stain proof fabric that really works so cleaned up OK. :D
You need to upgrade your wine glass :lol:

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nic wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:Do not spill red wine on the Sofa if you want to keep her indoors happy :oops:
The exact reason why a few years ago after several "fabric" sofas we went for a leather suite. Doesn't stop your's truly spilling it or getting roasted for doing so but at least when you lick it up none has been wasted soaking into the cloth :thumbup:
Fortunately its a stain proof fabric that really works so cleaned up OK. :D
You need to upgrade your wine glass :lol:

:thumbup: :lol:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

They forecast rain this afternoon. Just finished cutting my grass, back and front. Just as I finished it started to rain, perfect timing. Am also suitably k******d. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:They forecast rain this afternoon. Just finished cutting my grass, back and front. Just as I finished it started to rain, perfect timing. Am also suitably k******d. :lol:
Trouble is John that rain makes it grow again.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:For anyone feeling a bit down or thinking we're in a bad place. I dug this up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Ce04Y ... e=youtu.be
Thought I'd cheer myself up, clicked on above and it came up 'Video unavailable'. :shock:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Front door bell went today. Guy with Conservative local election pamphlet. He seemed vaguely familiar and I realised it was Theresa May's husband. I told him in no uncertain terms that I will not be voting Conservative. He asked why? and I told him that the PM had screwed up Brexit. I told him that the PM's deal was a disaster and he said he thought it was a good deal. We exchanged a few more words and I suggested that he leave, which he did. Not sure who I will vote for, don't think there is a Monster Raving Loonie Party candidate. As it's local elections will probably vote for an Independent.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Front door bell went today. Guy with Conservative local election pamphlet. He seemed vaguely familiar and I realised it was Theresa May's husband. I told him in no uncertain terms that I will not be voting Conservative. He asked why? and I told him that the PM had screwed up Brexit. I told him that the PM's deal was a disaster and he said he thought it was a good deal. We exchanged a few more words and I suggested that he leave, which he did. Not sure who I will vote for, don't think there is a Monster Raving Loonie Party candidate. As it's local elections will probably vote for an Independent.
We do postal voting, we spoiled our papers and sent them off in the post. Doesn’t help that our local conservative councillor is an absolute prat too.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Majority in our area vote DUP ... won't ever be doing that, UUP have been calling for DUP and Sinn Fein to get their act together and start looking after the people in our country. Think i know where my votes going
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Our Tory MP is one hell of a slimy git, how he keeps getting re-elected is beyond belief. He's been accused of expense fiddling with his Tory mates and instead of claiming his innocence and suing the fella for slander (possibly because it's true), just kicked him out of the office. The accuser now stands as an independent candidate, although unfortunately not for our ward. He's also been done for beating up his own son at a petrol station, it was mentioned on his Wiki page for a while but somehow miraculously disappeared. Edit: Have just checked and it's back on again.

Rather than not voting at all, I've gone for the Yorkshire Party candidate, I also do postal voting so it just needs popping in the post box.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.