Conspiracy Theories

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Conspiracy Theories

Post by Independent Republic »

I haven’t been one to read too much into the EFL/FAs decisions against us in the past, BUT my head has been turned in the past few months by:-

1. Spy gate fine of €200,000 when no rule had been broken.
2. Bamford rightly getting banned BUT Hourihane getting off Scot tree with a rabbit punch to Klichs stomach in the same game.
3. Lawrence getting off Scot free for his blatant dive v West Brom.

I am beginning to get the stench of a rodent!!
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Post by blackbox2342 »

I've no issue where rules are fairly enforced but you can't deny that there is a lack of consistency. Are Leeds more in the spotlight making them more prone to punishment than other clubs? Or is there a subconscious bias? Either way something isn't right.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Be interesting to see the quality of refereeing in the play offs.
There is no doubt that Leeds Utd in the lower divisions puts money in the pockets of small clubs. That clearly is in the interests of both the FL and FA.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sorry, I don’t buy into this conspiracy against Leeds thing.

Yes, the points raised above are valid ones (although I think Lawrence was actually touched, albeit he went down very theatrically), but if you scanned the last 46 games, you could probably pick up various points where we ‘got away with one’.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:Sorry, I don’t buy into this conspiracy against Leeds thing.

Yes, the points raised above are valid ones (although I think Lawrence was actually touched, albeit he went down very theatrically), but if you scanned the last 46 games, you could probably pick up various points where we ‘got away with one’.
Really tired of the outrage against Lawrence TBH, he was fouled, get over it folks! :angel: Absolutely not disagreeing with the feeling that we're persecuted as a club compared to most others but we're in the play-offs because of our poor form on the pitch at crucial times, not the idiots' poor form off it or at other footie grounds.

We're becoming more and more whiny these days, it's sounding worse than Anfield :P
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Funnily enough David Icke & Alex Jones were talking about this the other day on one of their shows. :D Disclaimer... the Biorhythm had me on zero for emotion. :problem:
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Funnily enough David Icke & Alex Jones were talking about this the other day on one of their shows.
David Icke talking about a conspiracy against us :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by MOT1964 on 10 May 2019, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Sorry, I don’t buy into this conspiracy against Leeds thing.

Agree, pretty much my thoughts
Nic

Post by Nic »

Selby White wrote:Be interesting to see the quality of refereeing in the play offs.
There is no doubt that Leeds Utd in the lower divisions puts money in the pockets of small clubs. That clearly is in the interests of both the FL and FA.
Well if you believe in conspiracy theories, then the announcement to have VAR for the final will ring alarm bells.

I think there are just a lot of poor referees at this level and we remember the poor decisions when its against us. It's a shame when poor referees should really be demoted and put on improvement courses. With what winning the play-offs means financially you would hope they will have better refs for those.

The referee for our first leg match is Craig Pawson from South Yorkshire. Who has been refereeing EPL and Europa Cup matches recently. Last match the Spurs Bournemouth game where he issued 2 red cards https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... cards.html
Costy

Post by Costy »

Anybody who thinks Lawrence was fouled is watching a different clip to me! I can't see any contact at all no matter how many times I watch it. He's a dangerous player and it would have been nice not to have to face him.