Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by Deleted User 728 »

judy wrote:It is unbelievable that a person is attacked whilst waiting for a taxi!
I take it you don't go out much ?? :problem:

I've seen plenty of drunken shenanigans at taxi ranks, bus stops, train stations and airports and on all the associated transportation vehicles too.

It's not shocking to me that someone was attacked late at night in Leeds city centre, but it is that it was Gary Mac of all people.

Hope they catch the cowardly scrotes responsible.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

Great performance by James Milner (and Liverpool) yesterday, and he'll get another chance to win a Champions League final.

Liverpool wins CL (and the leauge title if City fails to beat Brighton?), Leeds gets promoted and Milner comes home? :roll: :roll:
Deleted User 728

Polkadot wrote:Great performance by James Milner (and Liverpool) yesterday, and he'll get another chance to win a Champions League final.

Liverpool wins CL (and the leauge title if City fails to beat Brighton?), Leeds gets promoted and Milner comes home? :roll: :roll:
I want Spurs or Ajax to win it.
There's only a couple of clubs I loathe more than the entitled reds of Merseyside.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

rigger wrote:I want Spurs or Ajax to win it.
There's only a couple of clubs I loathe more than the entitled reds of Merseyside.
As a Norwegian I'm sure my feelings for other English teams is very different from what you experience in England, and even if I dislike the behaviour of most Liverpool-fans here in Norway it's actually quite fun to see how much something like this hurts Norwegian ManUtd-fans. So even if I was hoping for Barcelona yesterday, and will hope for Ajax/Tottenham in the final, I still enjoy how the fans of the other red team is "suffering".
Deleted User 728

Polkadot wrote:
rigger wrote:I want Spurs or Ajax to win it.
As a Norwegian I'm sure my feelings for other English teams is very different from what you experience in England, and even if I dislike the behaviour of most Liverpool-fans here in Norway it's actually quite fun to see how much something like this hurts Norwegian ManUtd-fans. So even if I was hoping for Barcelona yesterday, and will hope for Ajax/Tottenham in the final, I still enjoy how the fans of the other red team is "suffering".

We have a saying here : "The lesser of two evils ..." for exactly this situation :thumbup:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Warren Joyce who was a youth team coach at Leeds around the days of Aaron Lennon and James Milner has just being released from his contract at A League side Melbourne City, for the second season he lead them into the finals series but lost after the first week of the finals to Adelaide City in extra time, some of the most boring football my eyes had to endure.

He was well known for falling out with players like Tim Cahill and at that time the clubs best striker Bruno Fornaroli.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

Mr Russell wrote:Warren Joyce who was a youth team coach at Leeds around the days of Aaron Lennon and James Milner has just being released from his contract at A League side Melbourne City, for the second season he lead them into the finals series but lost after the first week of the finals to Adelaide City in extra time, some of the most boring football my eyes had to endure.

He was well known for falling out with players like Tim Cahill and at that time the clubs best striker Bruno Fornaroli.

I think your living in the past mr Russell........ Adelaide United
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

West beach white wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Warren Joyce who was a youth team coach at Leeds around the days of Aaron Lennon and James Milner has just being released from his contract at A League side Melbourne City, for the second season he lead them into the finals series but lost after the first week of the finals to Adelaide United in extra time, some of the most boring football my eyes had to endure.

ha your right! :oops: better change it ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

West beach white wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Warren Joyce who was a youth team coach at Leeds around the days of Aaron Lennon and James Milner has just being released from his contract at A League side Melbourne City, for the second season he lead them into the finals series but lost after the first week of the finals to Adelaide City in extra time, some of the most boring football my eyes had to endure.

You beat me to it mate :lol:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

There will be a Leeds United presence in this season's A League grand final as Perth Glory will entertain Sydney FC in the big event, this will be at Optus Stadium where Leeds and Manure will play in July for a pre-season friendly.

Perth will have player wise, Neil Kilkenny, Andy Keogh and Shane Lowry and in the coaching ranks there will be Tony Popovic who played a trial game for Leeds back in the 90's and Hayden Foxe who is one of the assistant coaches at Perth, he played for Leeds in the 2006/2007 season when we were relegated to League one.