James Milner

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: James Milner

Post by Deleted User 728 »

If he came it would say all that was needed about the "project" we have going here - I hate that term, but it does sum up what the club are trying to do.

It would be the biggest statement of intent we could possibly make at this level and not only a massive coup but also a beacon to all other senior pro's and bright loanees to come to Leeds and join in the party.

I just don't know if he'd want to drop down a level, even if it is for his hometown club.

Aaron Lennon as well ?
Howson ?
Cooke on loan till he gets his fitness back ?
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:If he came it would say all that was needed about the "project" we have going here - I hate that term, but it does sum up what the club are trying to do.

It would be the biggest statement of intent we could possibly make at this level and not only a massive coup but also a beacon to all other senior pro's and bright loanees to come to Leeds and join in the party.

I just don't know if he'd want to drop down a level, even if it is for his hometown club.

Aaron Lennon as well ?
Howson ?
Cooke on loan till he gets his fitness back ?
Realistically he's still too good to drop into the Championship. As you say it'd be a massive statement of intent from the club, and there's a chance her could be interested, but I think it's more likely that he'll either stay at Liverpool for another season or move to a Bournemouth/Palace, before dropping down.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

It would be a nice story, but he'd have to take a massive pay cut. I'm guessing he's on about £70k a week, so even 50% is £35k which is still an awful amount of money. If we can get him down to £10-15k a week, it's doable. I know he loves the club, but would he take that?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I know attitudes change over time but JM has said he would be keen on rejoining Leeds when in the Prem. Who knows though, maybe a player-coach role would appeal?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Another Northern Soul wrote: ... maybe a player-coach role would appeal?
Now you're talking :clap:

Someone else mentioned he had a career in the media ahead of him but I've not seen that much of him other than his comedy Twitter japes.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

So let's assume JM comes back home - Based on the current squad then what position do you play him in - I know he has played in a few positions for Liverpool, but what is going to bring out the best of JM and suit Leeds

Just a hunch, but I see him playing in a 4-4-2 format - Similar to Fergie's best sides - And JM adopting the Paul Scholes role as an attacking midfield player in front of Phillips - So space for 2 strikers as well

But based on our recent 4-1-4-1 then I'm not sure where he will be at his best - Maybe again attacking midfield were Klich, Saiz played
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

guitarmark wrote:But based on our recent 4-1-4-1 then I'm not sure where he will be at his best - Maybe again attacking midfield were Klich, Saiz played
He could play in Phillips role, left full back, right full back, possibly also as winger, but his best role in the way we've been playing this season is obviusely as an attacking midfielder in front of Phillips and next to Klich.

I think Milner will stay one more year with Liverpool, then maybe come home if we're able to get promoted. Can't really see him go down to Championship and take a huge pay cut already this summer.