2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: 2018/19 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Polkadot »

saihtam wrote:Definetly Gunnarsson to bolster mid and experience as probably Milner would not join us this season.
He would fit very well. But afraid wages are too high and maybe some PL team will take him.
I think he's going to Al-Arabi in Qatar. Money talks.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Lassoga is a free agent. If Bielsa stays and got him fit could be a great re-signing on a free?
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

blackbox2342 wrote:Lassoga is a free agent. If Bielsa stays and got him fit could be a great re-signing on a free?
Definitely I would, as long as his wages weren't as crazy as they were at Hamburg, £59k a week or something like that. If he got a bit leaner, he'd be the best striker in the league. There won't be many better options for free this summer.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

SG90 wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:Lassoga is a free agent. If Bielsa stays and got him fit could be a great re-signing on a free?
Definitely I would, as long as his wages weren't as crazy as they were at Hamburg, £59k a week or something like that. If he got a bit leaner, he'd be the best striker in the league. There won't be many better options for free this summer.
He would be amazing free agent if we can somehow manage to get him. Afraid he is not very into Bielsa methology of training, high intensity etc. But Fit Lassoga and Roofie movement from the wing could be deadly
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Andrea Radrizzani has hinted that Leeds United won’t be able to spend a lot over the upcoming summer transfer window, and will have to lean on their academy again.

During the season’s near miss, Marcelo Bielsa handed senior debuts to more than ten players under the age of 21, including the likes of Jack Clarke, Jamie Shackleton and Tyler Roberts.

The Italian has praised the academy for the quality of the players it produces, as graduates Kalvin Phillips and Bailey Peacock-Farrell went on to play a significant, regular role in the first team.

Speaking at the Financial Times Business of Football summit in London, the Leeds United chairman sensationally stoked up his war of words with Derby chairman Mel Morris , but also spoke briefly about next season following the play-off heartbreak.

“We will have to run a difficult summer in terms of transfer market but we have a great academy,” said Radrizzani.

There has been already been plenty of speculation about the summer transfer window and the players that Leeds might be able to target, but high earners and established players such as Dwight Gayle are extremely unlikely to make the move to West Yorkshire.

Clarke received rave reviews for his explosive impact midway through the season, while Shackleton impressed during the ill-fated play-off semi-finals.

Supporters will be hopeful the pair of teenagers can play more of a role next season, but there are plenty more highly-rated names from Carlos Corberan’s league-winning Under-23s.

Striker Ryan Edmondson, only just 18, scored 19 goals, while Leif Davis and Mateusz Bogusz may yet make the step-up after featuring on the bench for Bielsa’s side.

Senior Leeds debuts given to players aged 21 or under by Marcelo Bielsa:

Jack Harrison
Jamie Shackleton
Will Huffer
Tyler Roberts
Aapo Halme
Jack Clarke
Leif Davis
Kun Temenuzhkov
Clarke Oduor
Jordan Stevens

Huge belief in youth. Averaging an U21 debut every 3.1 matches
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

saihtam wrote:
SG90 wrote:
He would be amazing free agent if we can somehow manage to get him. Afraid he is not very into Bielsa methology of training, high intensity etc. But Fit Lassoga and Roofie movement from the wing could be deadly
He's a similar style of player to Andre-Pierre Gignac, who was at Marseille under Bielsa and had his best goalscoring season at Marseille that year. Honestly, he doesn't need to track back tbh, just needs to be near the 18 yard box and put the ball in the back of the net. He'd have got 30 goals this season.

No brainer on a free for me, especially as we won't have much to spend.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I don't know how to feel about this SL, Radz is not stinking rich i know and to spend spend spend in my opinion is not always the way to go. I think if he spent 20-25 million on players this summer that would be a lot for Radz. He has other businesses too that also need his attention which he has to divide up his own money to be able to succeed in them as much as the adventure with LUFC.

As a fan of course i would love him to spend money on acquiring the talent we need to get promoted and stay there etc. but in realistic terms, Radz can't afford it. Is this a bad thing? No because what he invested in the academy is coming to fruition already and the first team can avail of many of those players this coming season. The academy is where Radz and Victor were hoping to develop top young and talented players from around Europe so that they wouldn't be burdened by high costs in the coming seasons and make a very healthy profit if need be. Our assets are secure with the talent we have coming through and we should be in a healthy state in the next two seasons. Lets hope Bielsa can develop the players we have and any in-comings from outside and the academy into a title winning squad.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

CorkWhite wrote:I don't know how to feel about this SL, Radz is not stinking rich i know and to spend spend spend in my opinion is not always the way to go. I think if he spent 20-25 million on players this summer that would be a lot for Radz. He has other businesses too that also need his attention which he has to divide up his own money to be able to succeed in them as much as the adventure with LUFC.
I'd be shocked and surprised if Summer spending went out of the £5m to £10m range - if that. :problem:

I am not clear about what income will come from those that will get off the books nor any idea if that money will be reinvested. :silent:

All those pie in the sky stories about individual players costing in excess of £!0m etc. we are allegedly after should be taken with a large pinch of salt. :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Andrea Radrizzani has hinted that Leeds United won’t be able to spend a lot over the upcoming summer transfer window, and will have to lean on their academy again.
“We will have to run a difficult summer in terms of transfer market but we have a great academy,” said Radrizzani.
I feel uneasy about this, I dont advocate spend spend spend, but we must continue to invest in the squad as although we have promising youth you still need to blend it with experience and real quality, and its the real qaulity we dont have and which costs significant money. I have great faith in MB, and his ability to bring through younger players, but if its true that he has said he has taken the current squad as far as is possible then he needs to backed to bring in those 1, 2, or 3 players who can provide that qaulity to get us over the line, without that I really fear our most prized asset may go.

Radz may not be richest owner but it does annoy me that other clubs, without our fan base/tv money (not much considering how often we are on tv I know)/merchandise sales etc & even those who do not benefit from parachute payments can spend significant money on transfers yet we, who should on the face of it be better offf than them, cant seem to have a decent transfer war chest.
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

zigzag wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Andrea Radrizzani has hinted that Leeds United won’t be able to spend a lot over the upcoming summer transfer window, and will have to lean on their academy again.
I feel uneasy about this, I dont advocate spend spend spend, but we must continue to invest in the squad as although we have promising youth you still need to blend it with experience and real quality, and its the real quality we dont have and which costs significant money. I have great faith in MB, and his ability to bring through younger players, but if its true that he has said he has taken the current squad as far as is possible then he needs to backed to bring in those 1, 2, or 3 players who can provide that quality to get us over the line, without that I really fear our most prized asset may go.

Radz may not be richest owner but it does annoy me that other clubs, without our fan base/tv money (not much considering how often we are on tv I know)/merchandise sales etc & even those who do not benefit from parachute payments can spend significant money on transfers yet we, who should on the face of it be better offf than them, cant seem to have a decent transfer war chest.