In the Press

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: In the Press

Post by DominanceUK »

If we don't gift them a goal right before half time then we go on to win the game, IMO. That gave them the belief that we would crumble at the back and that's exactly what happened, the red card for Berardi just summed up the night for me.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Leonickroberts wrote:
Costy wrote:Derby didn't stifle us though. We scored two goals. I don't actually have anything against Lampard to be honest and I massively admired him as a player, but SG90 is so right - Lampard didn't do anything special in order for Derby to beat us. We were the better team but we gifted them two totally unnecessary goals.
They put 4 past us and could have had more. Bielsa got things wrong (risking Berardi, subs too late), we made mistakes throughout, but Frank Lampard set them up well to take advantage. That's all I'm saying.
Other than Wilson hitting the post and that save from Kiko from his feet there weren't many other chances and these both came in the second half. We still had more shots on target than them.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Davycc wrote:Spurs make bid for Clarke ?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/23/spurs-ma ... e-9659571/
One of the rumours also in yorkshire post
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9786791

that also says Bielsa is in crunch talks
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ontract-2/

hopefully will not mean months of uncertainty
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

'Sky Sports reporter Tim Thornton responds to reports that Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani is considering selling a stake in the club to Qatar Sports Investment.'

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -investors
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Pontus speaks:-

Leeds United defender Pontus Jansson says he fully intends to help them achieve their Premier League dream and he is "110 per cent" committed to the club.

The Sweden international has firmly established himself as a core member of the Whites since initially arriving from Torino on loan in 2016, signing a permanent deal the following year.

He was at the heart of United's charge for promotion for the Championship last season under Marcelo Bielsa, forming a cornerstone of the Argentine's defensive plans.

The 28-year-old has long professed his hopes to play in the top flight of English football and admitted United's near-miss in the play-offs hurt.

"It was a huge blow mentally," Jansson told Aftonbladet, having also missed part of the run-in through injury. "Everything went so fast. Ten great months were changed in one half of football."

However, with Bielsa confirmed to remain at Elland Road for another season, he has reaffirmed his commitment to the Whites and West Yorkshire in pursuit of their shared aspirations, despite speculation he could be sold this summer.

"I've always said that taking the step up to the Premier League is my dream and I want to do it with Leeds," he added. "It is up to Leeds if there is an interest in negotiating.

"Until then I am 110 per cent Leeds. I'll be there until the day they don't want me. I'll need a holiday and some beer, and then I'll be back to England to start again."

ansson will be with the Sweden national team as they prepare for their European Championship qualifiers against Malta and Spain during the close season.

He is expected to subsequently link up with United for their pre-season trip to Australia.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

"It is up to Leeds if there is an interest in negotiating.
Until then I am 110 per cent Leeds. I'll be there until the day they don't want me."

If Jansson's so committed to the club, why the hell is he using the press to ask for a new contract ?

This is what I don't like about him : he plays to the gallery on the pitch with his exhortations to the crowd after he's just slid thirty yards to get to someone he would've been marking anyway if he was a truly great defender.
Now he's doing the same thing off it with this nonsense.
Yes, he's very good - as good as anyone in the division on his day - but I wish he'd just stick to doing the simple things right, all of the time.

I don't like this at all.
2022 !
Shut up and get on with your job like the rest of us ..
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:Image

Until then I am 110 per cent Leeds. I'll be there until the day they don't want me."

If Jansson's so committed to the club, why the hell is he using the press to ask for a new contract ?

This is what I don't like about him : he plays to the gallery on the pitch with his exhortations to the crowd after he's just slid thirty yards to get to someone he would've been marking anyway if he was a truly great defender.
Yes, he's very good - as good as anyone in the division on his day - but I wish he'd just stick to doing the simple things right, all of the time.

2022 !
I took that quote to mean if Leeds are interested in negotiating a transfer with another club, rather than a new contract.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

rigger wrote:Image

2022 !
I'm not sure that he's actually referring to a new contract, rather than negotiating over any offers from another club.

Edit ..... Same thoughts as SiMamu who posted just before me :D