2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Academy prospect handed pro deal.

Leeds United are delighted to announce Niall Huggins has agreed a one year professional contract with the club.

The forward’s deal will begin on July 1st 2019 and will run until the end of the 2019/20 campaign.

Huggins has been in fine form for the Under-18s over the last campaign, netting an impressive 12 goals in 29 matches for Mark Jackson’s side.

His performances haven’t gone unnoticed by Wales, with Huggins linking up with their Under-21s for a training camp in the last international break.

The 18-year-old, who will now make the step up to Under-23s football next season, is thrilled his immediate future will be at Leeds United.

“I’ve been at the club for 12 years, so I’m really pleased to get my first professional contract,” said Huggins.

“The last year has been really good for me, the season before I was injured for eight months, so to comeback and make a big impact for the team has been massive.

“Getting this deal is a really big achievement for me and it is a really proud moment to get it done.

“I want to push on next season and try to make an impact for the Under-23s, you’ve got players like Jack Clarke and Jamie Shackleton pushing on into the first team and it is good to see and gives me a lot to look forward to next season.”
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Polkadot »

When it comes to contracs:

Acording to Transfermarkt following players have only 1 year left at their contract: Kemar Roofe, Bailey Peacock-Farrell, Mateusz Klich, Stuart Dallas, Pablo Hernandez, Gaetano Berardi.
Important to sign new contracts with Klich, Roofe and BPF or sell them this summer (please do not sell Klich!), the other three can leave on a free next summer if you ask me.

Following players with 2 years left:
Phillips, Shackleton, Clarke, Alioski, Douglas, Cooper, Ayling, O’Kane and Davis.
It’s very important to get Phillips, Shackleton and Clarke on long term deals. Also Alioski, Cooper and Davis should get new contracts. I’m not sure about Douglas and Ayling.

3 years left:
Forshaw, Jansson, Bamford, Roberts and Halme. 

4 years left:
Casilla

U23s:
Most players have a contract that run 1 (Miazek, Diaz etc) og 2 (Struijk, Bogusz, Edmondson etc) more seasons. Shouldn't be too hard to give new deals to the ones who deserves it.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Looks like a bid incoming from Tottenham for Jack Clarke.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:Looks like a bid incoming from Tottenham for Jack Clarke.
Wonder if Ian Harte has been touting his client out to Prem clubs :x
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

I can't see it tbh, BB. I can't recall the last time they purchased a young talent plus they don't have the cash to splash about and if they we're to purchase a couple of surely it would be players of better quality to mount a challenge for the PL? I wouldn't be happy if we sold Clarke for £10m.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

They're jumping the gun Spurs if you ask me. He's got a lot to prove yet. Also, he'd be best off waiting until he himself is physically ready and has enough experience of first team football before trying to make the step up. If he doesn't he'll probably spend most of his first couple of seasons injured or on the bench just like Charlie Taylor and Lewis Cook did.
Nic

Post by Nic »

DominanceUK wrote:
I can't see it tbh, BB. I can't recall the last time they purchased a young talent plus they don't have the cash to splash about and if they we're to purchase a couple of surely it would be players of better quality to mount a challenge for the PL? I wouldn't be happy if we sold Clarke for £10m.
So if he was sold for £10M and cash used to pay for a 20+ goal striker like Gayle from Newcastle you wouldn't be happy? We probably will still sell to buy.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Nic wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
So if he was sold for £10M and cash used to pay for a 20+ goal striker like Gayle from Newcastle you wouldn't be happy? We probably will still sell to buy.
I'd prefer to keep Clarke if possible. I think he'll be a kep player for us this coming year if he stays fit and should kick on along with the other kids coming through under Bielsa's wing.

They can give us £20m and loan him back to us for the season though - I would accept that.
Nic

Post by Nic »

rigger wrote:
Nic wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
I'd prefer to keep Clarke if possible. I think he'll be a kep player for us this coming year if he stays fit and should kick on along with the other kids coming through under Bielsa's wing.

They can give us £20m and loan him back to us for the season though - I would accept that.
That would be good :lol:

Ideally we need to keep our best players and and strengthen the squad, you would thinks as Rad saw us get so close that some extra pace and more converted chances and we'll make it over the line next time, so the speculation would be worth it. However I fully expect some form of compromise, strengthening the squad but offsetting part of the spend with some sales.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

https://the72.co.uk/132037/leeds-united ... -interest/
Cellino's Brescia linked with Berardi.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."