Radrizzani

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Radrizzani

Post by SG90 »

They can get lost, we're not Man City or Chelsea. We're a well run club that lives within our means and does things the right way. Without injuries we'd be in the PL now. Why do we have to sell our soul to have another crack?
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

SG90 wrote:They can get lost, we're not Man City or Chelsea. We're a well run club that lives within our means and does things the right way. Without injuries we'd be in the PL now. Why do we have to sell our soul to have another crack?
I can understand your view ... but it may be sell our soul or Jack Clark and Kalvin Phillips
SG90

Post by SG90 »

isrodger wrote:
SG90 wrote:They can get lost, we're not Man City or Chelsea. We're a well run club that lives within our means and does things the right way. Without injuries we'd be in the PL now. Why do we have to sell our soul to have another crack?
I can understand your view ... but it may be sell our soul or Jack Clark and Kalvin Phillips
Then it would be Clarke and Phillips every time.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

isrodger wrote:
So we sell a player. Big money runs the competitive element of the game.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

How long would it be until academy players are replaced with mercenaries on £100k a week?
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

Agree with SG.

Fell out of love for a while with football after the Bowyer incident and the mess that Risdale created because of money.

I really loved the clever way we played last season. A real freshness borne out of an overarching philosophy, not just about buying the best players. It was almost a miracle and made me enthusiastic for the first time in years. I also listened with some mirth to people in Manchester besmirching Pep when they were a few points behind Liverpool and absolute boredom when Man U fans moaned about Jose.

I wanted Ajax to win the Champions League. I cheered on Leicester. This was much more about the spirit of the game. In my opinion I would prefer to win the right way than become a vehicle for an oil rich investment trust to switch from a poor league into the cash pot which is the PL. Even if this takes Leeds up.

Where is the romance in this? Talking about Chelsea and City is utterly soulless and boring ( although I have a lot of respect for Pep and the way his teams play, but take Pep away, what are they?) Do we really want to be like them?
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

SG90 wrote:How long would it be until academy players are replaced with mercenaries on £100k a week?

It’s not that I totally disagree with your sentiment, however apart from a fledgling season, we don’t get to watch our academy players do we.

Phillips and Clarke are probably on there way shackleton will go next summer. The irony of us getting promoted would be a perennial struggle against relegation.

Football has changed for good rightly or wrongly we need excesses of money just to compete against our traditional rivals.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

TezzaWazzaBazza wrote:
isrodger wrote:
So we sell a player. Big money runs the competitive element of the game.
I as an avid fan of Leeds United for forty years am in two minds about this topic because i see the points from both sides of the fence. Many of us have seen this club go through a lot of turmoil at this club for the past 15 years and although sometimes i just want to get to the premiership as soon as possible at any cost, there is the added wisdom of how we nearly went out of existence under Ridsdale. There was an element of luck and skulduggery that we were kept aflot at the time. We were so knee deep in number 2s we had to succumb to falling to the depths of league two football for three years because of the depth of debts we had and the aftermath of bates stripping us clean like a vulture.

We have had some terrible owners in the past fifteen years to be fair and in many fans views we are one of the biggest clubs in England that is definitely an indisputable fact (sorry Rigger to say that and I'm not taking the p**s by saying so mate) :D Our fan-base is so huge that with a little bit of success we will see the depth of that fan-base come alive from out of the woodwork. I want success as much as anyone does, but I am also one of the fans that believes Radrizzani is doing a good job, He has financed a lot of his personal income into pleasing the fans too. I do however agree with ISR on the point that he has spent less money on the 1st team and possibly taken a profit from the sales of some players and not reinvesting the money back in. People forget that 15 million in a bank account doesn't stay at fifteen million, every three months there is an added interest rate added which could be quiet a sum if it stays there for awhile.

We do need some investment into the club but not a magnanimous amount either, 20 million for the first team would net us 3-4 quality players that Bielsa could add to the squad and get us promoted. They would also be supplemented by the fantastic youth squad we have amassed through Radz intelligent business skill set and let's give an applause to his business sense for hiring Orta who many have dismissed many times, but it was never about the first team affairs really, It was about hiring exceptional youth from around Europe for very little cost, nurture their talents which is why Orta was employed in the first place (head scout) and then Radz biggest asset was to save money on bringing these players through to the first team instead of buying 10 million pound players like other teams do (Forest) are a prime example of how to fail at getting promoted by spending big money year on year. Radz has spent wisely, in some ways a bit too wisely and yet he has also spent enough on Bamford and other players too that have yet to come to fruition for us.

Trust me on this, We are on the rise, I'm personally not in the slightest bit disappointed at not being promoted this season even though i was sure we would be. I believe it is coming we are now an unstoppable beast. Radz, Orta and Bielsa have began something very special, and with the reports that the Qatari company who owns PSG looking at us shows how far we have come under Radz. Think back to when no one wanted to buy us except for Norman Bates for one flippin pound. I feel proud of the efforts of the whole club and I 110% believe that we are heading in the right direction and promotion will only be the very start of a long and successful upturn in our clubs fortunes. WE HAVE NEVER BEEN A TINPOT CLUB AND WE NEVER WILL BE. The fans are the true champions of this club.

Sorry its long winded but that's my take on it and i do think we all are right on here regardless of our opinions.

MOT. CW
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

CW always enjoy reading your posts mate, may not always agree with everything you say, but enjoy them nonetheless!
Your above post is top drawer mate! :clap: :clap:
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

A lot of people fell out once the finances were exposed - we went from buying Robbie Fowler for £11M when we didn't need him, to selling him for £6M the following year and also selling Ferdinand, Woodgate and others. The sacking of O'Leary after the Ferdinand sale and bringing in Venables did not stop the further sales, and then we got Peter Reid and sold almost everyone and brought in a lot of free transfers - think a lot of people fell out of love with the club.

I'm not sure if all this talk of "rich arabs" is anything but talk. We have been here before when we ended up with GFH!! Anyone with bottomless pockets of money wanting to buy a club in the UK would surely be looking at PL clubs rather than a Championship club that have been outside the top division for 15 years. It is most likely to be selling a share to bring in funds to avoid big sales this season with the aim of an extra push to succeed next season and the return from the increase value of that share after we go up than a big spender wanting to splash 50M this year on half a new squad.