Radrizzani

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Radrizzani

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I really like the idea of the build up brick by brick. However, money talks no matter how dirty it might be peceived to be. Arab, Chinese so on and so forth. Price of everything and value of nothing. :shifty:

Everything has a price and some outfit local, national or international or consortium puts a ludicrous bid on the table anything can be sold in a heartbeat. :(

Us LUFC fans have been pulled this way and that and seemingly by the worst of possible potless owners. I am OK with what AR is doing and he has given us a cracking season. More of the same and growing on solid foundations is fine with me. :)
Keep The Faith / WAL
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Not fan of the Qatar thing, but every rumor shows that Radz is not selling what is good and we need that promotion that he will stay.

I belive that Leeds can make it back top with Radz. Every action shows that he is invested to the club and has similar passion like fans. It is not seen a lot amongs other PL club owners.
He is building something, he started on his own by stablizing the club. He has called in Bielsa who is reworking our club from coaching side. I understand the frustation that many have about maybe lack of funding, but we must understand he cant splash so much in currently. Even if you have hundreds of millions, it is not that easy. Look at Newcastle, I rather have Radz in champs than that bollocks owner and be in PL.

He is very young and has ambitions to grow his business empire. And we need to give him our backing, just like we are doing it with Bielsa. I can see him staying with us for the long haul, bringin us near top year by year. The possibilites can be endless when we achive PL. I hope that it will benefit us more in the long run that we can have another season in champs and go up next season.

MOT
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:There are many parts of Muslim culture I also hate... but sod it let’s have their money and compete with Man Utd again.
If you sell your soul to the devil you need to be looking higher than 6th place :lol:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I'm against everything the Qatari's stand for after the World Cup fiasco.
Agree totally with those who don't want a corrupt regime here.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

sgt_pooly wrote: Some good points Rigger but it's a bit harsh to club "Arab's" into one pigeon hole. I've worked and lived in the region (previously military) for a number of years and you'd be surprised to how open some of these countries and cultures are. Yes they have their issues, as do many a country, but they're not all as strict as SA, which is what we hear about most of the UK.

I have women friend who drink, smoke, wear what they like. I also have gay friends who are pretty open about it and probably get less ridicule than they would in certain parts of the UK.
I know what you mean because it's the same kinda situation in South Africa.
Down there, in Jo'burg it's not too bad but you still don't see many mixed race couples and you certainly wouldn't see any combination of LGBT holding hands walking down the street. There's one suburb of the city where it's pretty laissez-faire and there's an arty, multicultural vibe with loads of music bars and galleries, but outside of there it's more straight-laced (pun intended).
Nic

Post by Nic »

rigger wrote:
Costy wrote:Player salaries. It seems to me that the problems in football simply come down to that. There is absolutely no need for footballers to be paid what they do. I don't blame the players - who would turn it down? I can even accept the real top players, the ones who achieve success and regularly play champions league and international football, finishing their careers as millionaires. But when mid table second division players are earning half a million plus a year, you know something has gone wrong. A good salary is fine; they're doing something most people can't do and it has huge appeal. But the vast sums they're earning just distort everything from a business viewpoint and it's no wonder so many clubs are struggling and so many fans are up in arms.
And it can't last.

The Sky business model will blow up at some point.

Honestly, how many of you pay the sub and how many either watch round a friend's place, down the pub or via a stream ?

Think back to when you didn't even know how to stream (some of you still don't !!) and compare that to where we are now, then think forward to a post-Brexit UK market and how do you think the figures will look then ?

The sheik-run clubs will be laughing even harder up their sleeves, while everyone else is going into administration ..
I remember a piece about subscription sharing a while ago on about because of the costs involved many are now sharing subs. Lets see if I can find it in my browser history ...

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/ ... s-stealing
At a barbecue a few weeks ago, a group of friends and I got chatting about our plans for the weekend. It turned out that most of us had the same thing in mind: watching the season three premiere of Orange is the New Black on Netflix. The funny thing was, I was the only one shelling out any cash for an online subscription.

To watch the US prison drama, one couple planned to use their old flatmate’s subscription, while another would be using a work colleague’s account. What’s more, another friend admitted to using the login details of someone she had never even met.

They are not alone. Growing numbers of Britons are accessing video streaming services online, but research for Guardian Money by comparison website Broadband Genie found that a quarter of people questioned admitted to sharing login credentials with friends and others – and the numbers are likely to grow as streaming becomes more popular.
Article is a few years old, but can't see why it would be as relevant. You get a lot of private casting too - one person shares their broadcast over the internet often with friends but sometimes like minded strangers, asking for donations towards the sub.

That said they do seem to still be increasing profits, though the ever increasing cost of football is a dampening effect.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40720962
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/busi ... 64231.html
Nic

Post by Nic »

QSI are wanting a controlling stake, but radz only wants to to sell a minority stake, purely to use for funds to get promoted. Would they be happy with a minority stake, they have previously been looking at Forrest and Villa so the fact that they are not considering PL clubs says to me they are more hoping to get something cheap and probably not invest vast sums.

The only club at the moment getting a sheikh upis Newcaste

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... h-16207621
Newcastle United are refusing to comment on reports that Mike Ashley is set to sell the club.

The Toon chief is ready to end his 12-year tenure on Tyneside, having put the club up for sale two years ago.

Now, Ashley, is claimed to be ready to stand down and land a £350million windfall after agreeing to sell to the cousin of Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour, Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan.

The Sun claims that contracts have already been signed and submitted to the Premier League.

That would see Sheikh Khaled, a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family, take charge.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

In terms of premier league revenue I totally disagree with the hypothesis that the money is about to run out. I am fascinated to see who the next PL CEO will be. If I was heading it up the next TV ‘deal’ would follow a NETFLIX model. From memory the PL gets approx £1.5b pa largely from sky. The challenge would be to set up its own platform - PREMFlIX. Cost of operating is minimal, the cost, is acquiring the content which it owns. 500m worldwide subscribers £100 per annum - it would dwarf the sky deals. The platform could then go on to host, rival content (IPL & La Liga). To put things into perspective Man Utd have over 350m registered supporters, liverpool 230m. 90 & 50m respectivey in China alone.

In terms of Radz he recognises the great potential - unfortunately he hasn’t got the cash to realise it. Hence him selling of £10m chunks to fund operating losses.

Its funny how the past influences your view of the present ... Mike Ashley for instance had invested significantly more at Newcastle than Radz however he’s castigated.

Radz himself would make a great PL CEO. He understands the play, but wants to make £500m out of Leeds rather than just be a salary man, and good luck to him. He will sell us in time, hopefully to someone who can make us #1 rather than someone who is content with just being in the premiership.
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

Nic wrote:
rigger wrote:
Costy wrote:Player salaries. It seems to me that the problems in football simply come down to that. There is absolutely no need for footballers to be paid what they do. I don't blame the players - who would turn it down? I can even accept the real top players, the ones who achieve success and regularly play champions league and international football, finishing their careers as millionaires. But when mid table second division players are earning half a million plus a year, you know something has gone wrong. A good salary is fine; they're doing something most people can't do and it has huge appeal. But the vast sums they're earning just distort everything from a business viewpoint and it's no wonder so many clubs are struggling and so many fans are up in arms.
And it can't last.

The Sky business model will blow up at some point.

Honestly, how many of you pay the sub and how many either watch round a friend's place, down the pub or via a stream ?

Think back to when you didn't even know how to stream (some of you still don't !!) and compare that to where we are now, then think forward to a post-Brexit UK market and how do you think the figures will look then ?

The sheik-run clubs will be laughing even harder up their sleeves, while everyone else is going into administration ..
I remember a piece about subscription sharing a while ago on about because of the costs involved many are now sharing subs. Lets see if I can find it in my browser history ...

At a barbecue a few weeks ago, a group of friends and I got chatting about our plans for the weekend. It turned out that most of us had the same thing in mind: watching the season three premiere of Orange is the New Black on Netflix. The funny thing was, I was the only one shelling out any cash for an online subscription.

To watch the US prison drama, one couple planned to use their old flatmate’s subscription, while another would be using a work colleague’s account. What’s more, another friend admitted to using the login details of someone she had never even met.

They are not alone. Growing numbers of Britons are accessing video streaming services online, but research for Guardian Money by comparison website Broadband Genie found that a quarter of people questioned admitted to sharing login credentials with friends and others – and the numbers are likely to grow as streaming becomes more popular.
Article is a few years old, but can't see why it would be as relevant. You get a lot of private casting too - one person shares their broadcast over the internet often with friends but sometimes like minded strangers, asking for donations towards the sub.

That said they do seem to still be increasing profits, though the ever increasing cost of football is a dampening effect.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40720962
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/busi ... 64231.html
IPTV is as cheap as chips (£10 or so a month) and it's easy to get hold of and set up.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Sovietmule wrote:
Nic wrote:
rigger wrote: The Sky business model will blow up at some point.

IPTV is as cheap as chips (£10 or so a month) and it's easy to get hold of and set up.
Except IPTV is illegal hence why you need a VPN to ensure you don't get discovered. Also you are paying someone people sell you a package so you are paying for someone else to gather what is essentially available at zero cost and stream it to you.

What I am on about is allowed by the providers, to a certain extent. Even Sky and its Now TV subsidiary have increased the number of devices that can share a subscription from 4 to 6. Yes it is supposed to be for family members and some people are stretching the meaning who they share with.