The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 5081

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Don't you just hate when you see more than there should be connected to your wifi router.

I went around the house asking if they were connected to my wifi and they all have access but none were connected as they know i use it for work purposes. I then started to think someone had used an APK to log into the wifi router which indeed there was. Lucky for me i knew the password to get into the inner workings of the router and found who was connected to the router and subsequently blocked the person connecting to the router.

My wife has a second router for herself and the kids which is limited on what she can use and i told her what i did and she went to check her router and she noticed the exact same person was connecting to her router. I showed her how to block the connecting culprit and to not delete it.

I'm not a mean person and i would be quiet cool with people if they wanted to connect but have the common decency to ask me first. I am not that technical by any stretch but is there any other way to get around others connecting besides changing the password and blocking individual androids who can hack in?
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:Don't you just hate when you see more than there should be connected to your wifi router.

I went around the house asking if they were connected to my wifi and they all have access but none were connected as they know i use it for work purposes. I then started to think someone had used an APK to log into the wifi router which indeed there was. Lucky for me i knew the password to get into the inner workings of the router and found who was connected to the router and subsequently blocked the person connecting to the router.

My wife has a second router for herself and the kids which is limited on what she can use and i told her what i did and she went to check her router and she noticed the exact same person was connecting to her router. I showed her how to block the connecting culprit and to not delete it.

I'm not a mean person and i would be quiet cool with people if they wanted to connect but have the common decency to ask me first. I am not that technical by any stretch but is there any other way to get around others connecting besides changing the password and blocking individual androids who can hack in?
CW, and there's me thinking I was too far away to be able to hack in. :D You think you are not technical? I wouldn't know where to start to suss that out.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

johnh wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:Don't you just hate when you see more than there should be connected to your wifi router.

CW, and there's me thinking I was too far away to be able to hack in. :D You think you are not technical? I wouldn't know where to start to suss that out.
It's easy to find out your router password and user name for the specific router all you need to do is google it for instance if your with BT or Orange they will have their own passwords for every specific router type, They do this because if there is any technical issues the technician can log into your router.

It's not the Wifi password John its the router model password which is different. I just googled my router and asked what is the company name admin password and many aswers popped up all with the same username and password. Then you can look at the inner settings and change them if you want to. I tend not to change anything much because it can disrupt your connection. For instance i used to change the bandwidth channel in Ireland when there as at times it can be stronger or weaker on different channels but in the Philippines the routers information doesn't give you the specifics of each channel so its hit and miss and you don't want a miss because you might not get back into the router to change it back as the channel maybe very slow indeed. I had this experience already :D

The thing is John is not to mess around changing anything else but the password and user name and block those who are pilfering from you without being decent about it first. I got a little angry earlier and shouted really loud "who the (bleep bleep) is hacking into my router and my neighbor thought i was accusing him, (secretly i was) but i was quiet vocal and maybe wrong to directly or indirectly accuse anyone. (my bad). I'm too straight forward for my own good at times :crazy:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Thanks for explaining how you do it CW. I'm afraid I'm too lazy these days to bother getting to grips with things technical. It does help having a son-in-law who is an IT expert!
:D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I read somewhere that in the UK you are never more than 6 miles from a road. I think that even takes into account Giants Causeway Davy. :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:I read somewhere that in the UK you are never more than 6 miles from a road. I think that even takes into account Giants Causeway Davy. :D
Now John, are you using the term "road" as in a tarmacadam covered thoroughfare able to allow the passage of automobiles ? We do have that, I've seen it somewhere... I'll get my old photographs out and let you know when I find it.

Puts things into perspective doesn't it. I just had a conversation this week with our CAA Inspector who is just back from a wilderness canoeing trip with 6 friends in Canada. No roads, no phone signal had to take 2 weeks supplies as they wouldn't be anywhere near stores etc. In the two weeks travelling along the rivers they mey .... no one, not one other person.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’m not a massive music fan, but seen a few in concert, The Killers, Jake Bugg, Madness, The Specials (a bit diverse I know).

Anyway, me and Mrs B went to see Mumford & Sons last night at the Sheffield Arena, blimey, those fellas know how to work a crowd. I’ve never seen it before, but the stage was in the middle, with various microphones around the stage and the band members were moving from one to another so all the crowd got to see them.

Absolutely brilliant, and highly recommended.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Can't stand them.

I know what you mean about the setup - it's often referred to as "in the round".
I saw the best live concert of my life like that when Anita Baker played Wembley Arena about 30-odd years ago. Staggeringly good.
Other than that, I've seen Bizet's Carmen at The O2 like that in London (the big one !).

I go to lots of gigs but most of them are local bands at smaller venues. I refuse to pay £50+ for a ticket.
Luckily I can get into just about any gig in town for free as I write a music column for a local paper. The last two weekends have seen Rod Stewart and Take That play at St.Mary's but I had no interest in seeing either.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

rigger wrote:The last two weekends have seen Rod Stewart and Take That play at St.Mary's but I had no interest in seeing either.
I saw Take That & Rik Astley last night at Uddersfield. Don't really like either and only went because the wife wanted to see them. I spent all the time sat down checking the news and stuff on my phone while everyone else was stood up dancing. Longest 3 hours of my life.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

BrighouseWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:The last two weekends have seen Rod Stewart and Take That play at St.Mary's but I had no interest in seeing either.
I saw Take That & Rik Astley last night at Uddersfield. Don't really like either and only went because the wife wanted to see them. I spent all the time sat down checking the news and stuff on my phone while everyone else was stood up dancing. Longest 3 hours of my life.
Nah ...try UB40 concerts..... That's time I'm never getting back!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders