2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Deleted User 728 »

isrodger wrote:
rigger wrote:
isrodger wrote:Actually Radz isn’t playing the long game, investing in the knowledge he will get his money back once promoted... he’s just hoping beyond hope we go up with minimal investment on his part.
He is, just not the way you want him to.
The way you wanted was to sign James and splurge to the max, but that would be the short game, wouldn't it ??
It isn’t splurging to the Max is it ... we made £1m in 1017, lost £4m last season we had headroom of £35m to stay within FFP, which I’ve never suggest we allocate to one season,

The point is he hasn’t invested a penny of his own money as yet, in the club. He has acquired the club and has acquired a real estate asset in his own name which has a market value of circa £60 for circa £20m. Time will tell if that acquisition Is a degree of treachery Bates would be proud of.
You might want to edit that post.

I think £60 for Elland Road is quite reasonable, but what we made in the middle ages isn't really relevant now, is it ??

Joking aside, you talk a lot about business expertise and how much better other owners are than AR but I would say your description of his activities in the post above show he's bloody brilliant at it.
It's not in his interest to asset strip the club or muck us about in any way - like you said before, if we make the EPL he'll be serious quids in so why would he do that ?
He's not Bates.
Nobody is other than Bates himself, thank gawd ..
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

isrodger wrote:From what we gather Orta identities all potential recruits, and in the category of say centre forwards 3 or 4 are put forward. A number of options of no 10s and wingers were put forward ... Bielsa reject all options bar 1 .. James who they had been tracking since September.
How can you possibly know that ?
What's your source of information ?

"From what we gather .."
Who's we in that statement ??

This isn't me needling you : I genuinely want to know because it's the first I've heard of all this.
Just journalistic licence and social media waffle isn't it ??
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

rigger wrote:
isrodger wrote:From what we gather Orta identities all potential recruits, and in the category of say centre forwards 3 or 4 are put forward. A number of options of no 10s and wingers were put forward ... Bielsa reject all options bar 1 .. James who they had been tracking since September.
How can you possibly know that ?
What's your source of information ?

"From what we gather .."
Who's we in that statement ??

This isn't me needling you : I genuinely want to know because it's the first I've heard of all this.
Just journalistic licence and social media waffle isn't it ??
Orta did a lengthy Q&A session on the recruitment strategy & basically that’s how the process works... it’s common with most clubs. The DOF and recruitment team will have various players identified for each position and various stages of development. He then “identifies them for the manager” who has the final yes or no.

In terms of the two positions Bielsa wanted to recruit for ... it was widely reported ... the most reliable source being Phil Hay.

Conversely it was widely acknowledged that the wider management team felt we needed a centre half in the summer, Bielsa refused to sanction the acquisition.

All the above is in the public domain without needing inside knowledge.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

A day or two ago, Hay and Pope both said that Phillips wanted to stay, so I very much doubt we'll see him leave. His importance has been perfectly demonstrated throughout the season, and he's definitely one we need to keep at all costs. I'm confident he'll stay.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

SiMamu wrote:A day or two ago, Hay and Pope both said that Phillips wanted to stay, so I very much doubt we'll see him leave. His importance has been perfectly demonstrated throughout the season, and he's definitely one we need to keep at all costs. I'm confident he'll stay.
Judging by the number of times Philips has been pulled off/ dropped you wouldn’t have been surprised if he was deemed dispensable; however given the number of wingers we have been connected 3 ... I suspect Clarke is the chosen sacrificial lamb.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:
Judging by the number of times Philips has been pulled off/ dropped you wouldn’t have been surprised if he was deemed dispensable.
Started 34 out of our 38 league matches was subbed only 5 times I believe.
2nd highest number of minutes on the pitch.
Still let's not let facts get in the way of your argument :roll:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

Judging by the number of times Philips has been pulled off
We only ever used to get half an orange.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sovietmule wrote:
And the prize for the dirtiest mind goes to........
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

Davycc wrote:
Sovietmule wrote:
And the prize for the dirtiest mind goes to........
For reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Ma ... nal_career
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Ah Rodney Marsh great player & a really nice guy. Back in the 70’s I used to work in a pub in Bayswater & when we closed on an afternoon a couple of us used to go to a drinking club which regularly had Marsh, Bowles etc frequenting it. They used to play ‘ spoof ‘ a lot, a game I’ve not seen played in years.
Winner of the Europa League