2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by isrodger »

Another Northern Soul wrote:IF it's true and he is being loaned back to us then in all honesty he could eat puppies for breakfast for all I care if he helps the team to success. I don't dream of the club having a fantastic bank balance or worrying what players' wages are, it's success for the team that dominates.
And what exactly Is wrong with eating puppies for breakfast ? :lolno:
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Leeds United are close to completing a loan deal for Wolves' 25-year-old Portugal winger Helder Costa.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

CorkWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:IF it's true and he is being loaned back to us then in all honesty he could eat puppies for breakfast for all I care if he helps the team to success. I don't dream of the club having a fantastic bank balance or worrying what players' wages are, it's success for the team that dominates.
I agree on that ANS. As soon as he comes back he is a Leeds player again for the length of the loan contract and if he scores a ton of goals it would be awesome for us and for his career at Spurs too when he goes back to them.
I would not assume that he will be an automatic first choice in the first team. His role is likely to be what it was like last season at best
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:
And what exactly Is wrong with eating puppies for breakfast ? :lolno:
Depends what 'source' is used :lol:
Nic

Post by Nic »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
I agree on that ANS. As soon as he comes back he is a Leeds player again for the length of the loan contract and if he scores a ton of goals it would be awesome for us and for his career at Spurs too when he goes back to them.
I would not assume that he will be an automatic first choice in the first team. His role is likely to be what it was like last season at best
Most likely not especially as we may have quite a choice with wingers next season
Nic

Post by Nic »

CorkWhite wrote: I think in that most clubs who are loaning out a player would have a specific amount of games that they would like their player to be involved in so that the player can gain experience or else the player would lose value for the parent club. It may not be stipulated in the overall contract but no one want's their loan players to be stuffed into the U23 squad of another team either.

Izzy Brown last season only played a handful of first team games and most of them were coming on as a substitute. In his case there possibly could have been a clause but due to the severe injury he had Leeds were probably unable to risk Izzy in games just in case the injury happened again or became weaker. Some clubs will have a minimum requirement but i can't ever see a team trying to force another club to play the player in every game or the contract is null and void. That wouldn't happen in today's football.
I suppose part of when a loan agreement is reached the club the player is going to is considered as yes the idea is usually to give the player some game time, so a club is likely only to send a player to somewhere they stand chances to play. It works both ways I can't see a team agreeing to take a player on loan, probably at decent wages, and having paid a fee to cover those, just sticking them in the U23.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea have all fined clubs for not picking their young players enough. Chelsea recalled Baker because he wasn't starting every week. I'd be surprised if we weren't sanctioned for that.
It wouldn't surprise me if Tottenham did too. Everything is playing into the top 6's hands atm football wise. "You can't afford to buy players? Great pay to give our youth experience and help their development and if you don't pick them enough, you better bet we will fine you."
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

It would be interesting to see if we're paying a fee and wages as well. It's rumoured Clarke was on £1k a week and will get £20k a week at Tottenham, so if we're contributing to it the wage bill just keeps increasing.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Leeds are interested in 30-year-old Ecuadorian striker Felipe Caicedo, who used to play for Manchester City and is currently at Italian side Lazio. (Imperio, via Star)
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

blackbox2342 wrote:Leeds are interested in 30-year-old Ecuadorian striker Felipe Caicedo, who used to play for Manchester City and is currently at Italian side Lazio. (Imperio, via Star)
Sounds unlikely

https://throughitalltogether.sbnation.c ... from-lazio