2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by Nic »

Leonickroberts wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Helder Costa is Leeds United’s fifth signing of the summer and arrives from Wolverhampton Wanderers in what will be a permanent transfer.

The wide man follows the arrivals of Jack Harrison, Ben White, Liam McCarron and Jack Clarke earlier this week.”
Branding Jack Clarke one of the five signings of the summer is a bit cheeky...
Well it's been done before, sort of, like when we've signed a player who's been at the club on loan already. I mean you could include Harrison in that statement as he was with us last year on loan already.

I think the Jack Clarke business is very good move. We had to sell a player, either that or sell another share of the club. Selling JC and getting him back on loan is similar to seling the stadium and leasing it back. So it is a win-win all round, we get the funds needed for FFP or whatever but also get to keep Clarke for the year when arguably we need the talent for the push to be promoted. Spurs get a potential star at a development price but get him back in a year when he has been developed and a better player worth more.

With the other loans we've made you could say it looks like a good improvement over last year which is what we needed and a better close season than last couple of years.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Nic wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Helder Costa is Leeds United’s fifth signing of the summer and arrives from Wolverhampton Wanderers in what will be a permanent transfer.

The wide man follows the arrivals of Jack Harrison, Ben White, Liam McCarron and Jack Clarke earlier this week.”
Well it's been done before, sort of, like when we've signed a player who's been at the club on loan already. I mean you could include Harrison in that statement as he was with us last year on loan already.

I think the Jack Clarke business is very good move. We had to sell a player, either that or sell another share of the club. Selling JC and getting him back on loan is similar to seling the stadium and leasing it back. So it is a win-win all round, we get the funds needed for FFP or whatever but also get to keep Clarke for the year when arguably we need the talent for the push to be promoted. Spurs get a potential star at a development price but get him back in a year when he has been developed and a better player worth more.

With the other loans we've made you could say it looks like a good improvement over last year which is what we needed and a better close season than last couple of years.
Not arguing with any of that, just thought it was a bit of journalistic licence to say he was a new signing given he'd only been to London and back!
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Nic wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:

Not arguing with any of that, just thought it was a bit of journalistic licence to say he was a new signing given he'd only been to London and back!
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

A busy week of the transfer front then!

Very happy with the Costa signing and at a reported 15m, a real statement of intent from Radz and co. The 10 position still worries me a little but hopefully Hernandez and Roberts can plug this hole.

At full strength it's going to be interesting to see how we line up, who misses out?

-------------Casilla--------------
-Ayling-Pontus--Cooper--Douglas
--------------Phillips------------
-Costa---Hernandez---Alioski
--------------Roofe-----------

or.....

--Clarke---Roberts---Harrison--
------------Bamford------------
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

sgt_pooly wrote:A busy week of the transfer front then!

Very happy with the Costa signing and at a reported 15m, a real statement of intent from Radz and co. The 10 position still worries me a little but hopefully Hernandez and Roberts can plug this hole.

At full strength it's going to be interesting to see how we line up, who misses out?

or.....

Does indeed look good. Be interesting to see whether there are any more high profile outgoings. Good to see the club getting transfers wrapped up early. Imagine Biesla wants them all to get pre-season under their belts.
Nic

Post by Nic »

blackbox2342 wrote:

or.....

Does indeed look good. Be interesting to see whether there are any more high profile outgoings. Good to see the club getting transfers wrapped up early. Imagine Biesla wants them all to get pre-season under their belts.
Well I expect if we don't get any within next few days we are probably safe (save for any player suddenly handing in a transfer request of Bielsa taking a dislike to someone) since I can't see anything being done whilst the friendlies are being played. I am glad we've done the bulk of transfers early start should mean a good start to the season, rather than players coming in in August.
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

The Daily Mail reports that Leeds are interested in Croatia international midfielder Ivan Sunjic.

Sunjic - capped at senior level for Croatia - impressed in last month’s European under-21s Championship as captain and was part of the side that drew 3-3 against England.

The Croatian is only likely to arrive if Phillips departs.
sgt_pooly

Post by sgt_pooly »

I was a little surprised with Halme leaving, I thought he looked good when he got the chance.

It looks like Wilks will be on his way to Hull and I wouldn't be too upset if Forshaw leaves. Another midfielder that can cover Phillips or slot instead of Klitch would handy, possibly a youngish prospect a bit like this Croatian lad would be good. I still think Kent would a very addition too but things seem to have went a bit quiet on that front, although Phil thinks we're still in for him.
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

or.....

Only ten players in the starting line up? :D
sgt_pooly

Post by sgt_pooly »

:wtf: .........I thought I was missing something! I'm just back from my stag in Prague, it will take me a while to get fully functional!